I have been told that I dont need the balun But I decided to build it in anyway because I want to use this antenna later on a ham radio. of the Wonder bar for 10 meters. Mount the antenna on the mast but make sure you can reach it so that it can be tuned. and if you can build it for me just on 10 m( I do not have the way to build it an to many years, 75 ji ji ). Againprobably. 0000063503 00000 n even cell towers were cut. Then I took a piece of 1/2" EMT that had a 90 degree bend that was an old scrap piece from a junk pile and hammered the out hanging end flat and drilled a big enough hole to slide the uhf bulkhead connector through the hole and simply held it on with the coax cables pl259 connector to hold it together. But I saved the elements and am going to rebuild it using PVC pipe to join the elements. Hams!About HamuniverseAntenna DesignAntenna Safety! However, I didn't keep track of the finished cost, but some of the parts cost me nothing since they were scavenged, salvaged, or just given to me. Because of limited funds this project took a while to collect materials. fastened the elements directly to a piece of pressure-treated wood using Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them. 2000 24' Omni Directional Fiberglass Base Station Antenna 5000 Watts The beam's driven element should be 17.3 feet. Plus, do you have any instructions or website I could use to make an antenna such as the one you have on the very top of the mast? The antenna i made is good for transmit and receive also. But it was still a fun project that I learned a lot from. And, besides the super well-built and elegant AX-1, QRP Guys sells an interesting looking kit, and there are some good 3D printed designs I might want to try out. Since 1998, a group of radio amateurs has been reviewing new sites for listing every day and evaluating the best place to list them. Product ReviewsHintsand ProjectsHumorHam I hope they make sense. Works with IMAXGPK Ground Plane This is great! . 0000008391 00000 n I value your comments and suggestions. https://bigislandarrlnews.com. " 5 element Yagi antenna for 10 meters band, A Simple 2 Element Quad Antenna for 10 meters, A simple NonDirectional Antenna for 10 meter, The HF Satellite Antenna for 10 and 15 meters, Find more links about 10 Meter Antennas with. (Been there done that and it's a PAIN). I believe that its because is mounted too close close to my open stub J-pole antenna for 2m/70cm. Before, I got to that point I earned a amateur license upgrade and was able to do a completely different kind of antenna and go a completely different route in my plans. trailer << /Size 69 /Info 33 0 R /Root 36 0 R /Prev 752159 /ID[<4506a8877dc8003fe7403b79bf2c2a9f>] >> startxref 0 %%EOF 36 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Pages 22 0 R /Metadata 34 0 R /JT 32 0 R /PageLabels 21 0 R >> endobj 67 0 obj << /S 64 /L 149 /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 68 0 R >> stream KL7JR:Many hams use the A-99 on 12 and especially 17 meters. monofiliment line is wound in between each coil so they won't For now just make them equal lengths and tighten down the hose clamps until the sections are secure and will not slide on their own. 12 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<6F8B062B3D3F9D46A10E1C5593206A08>]/Index[7 7]/Info 6 0 R/Length 36/Prev 686058/Root 8 0 R/Size 14/Type/XRef/W[1 2 0]>>stream The 10-Meter Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo is a halfwave antenna, which does not require ground radials. Planner Original CB antenna article: (follow the links mid-page for detailed and updated analysis for specific ferrite types) highly recommended and highly ratedfor the 10 meter operator who Part two of this 5/8 vertical series can be seen at: 5/8th Wave 10m Vertical Antenna Build - YouTube. Performance on other HF Amateur Radio bands is good enough to qualify as stand alone HF antenna if you can only erect one HF antenna. (International Geophysical Year) around 1957-58, a time when some of the In this short, well-made video, "taverned" shows us how he used a mag mount antenna, a simple C clamp, and a basic ground system to convert his mountain bike into a mobile station. [ Hits: 18490 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 6.54 ] 10 Meter Vertical Dipole - Homebrew a vertical dipole for 28 Mhz by N2UHC [ Hits: 8113 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 6.68 ] No change in loading or SWR was noticed. Thank you for visiting my Amateur Radio Blog. For Parts Sources and Prices of materials used: The 103 fiberglass poles were purchased (5buks each) at, I used #12 solid copper, but #14 stranded works just as well, except for the top hat. hbbd`b`eb`ab`\ ! A portable vertical antenna for 10 to 40 meters, designed for mobile operations can be used in a car as seen in pictures. loops" attached to the loading coil in the center of the antenna.You Simple answer! A 10 meter ground plane antenna that can be mounted on a mast or used as a ground mounted vertical antenna. rememberedMay 1981, p. 46, WonderBar 3-el beam on a 10-ft Amateur Radio Bicycle Mobile Setup. H, it's perfect for your car, your shack, or wherever! W by 2.75-in. And have moved to different projects and upgraded to extra class now. HamuniverseAntenna DesignsAntenna thanks. Repeater Construction The construction is very simple and took Total width 8 ft; so I also its not really apparent from the photos but its also out on an arm from the mast. On channels 1 and 40 I had a max swr of 1:4 to 1:5 +/-. 0000001785 00000 n SatellitesScanner document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This Blog is mainly dedicated to Amateur Radio (Ham radio) and contains external articles and personal esperiences. Reports are excellent. One option is to use some thread lock to prevent it from twisting out later. Awesome, thanks. FREE delivery Thu, Mar 2 . Miniductor #3013.Being cheap, I used regular #14 house wire without A Hawaii-based Amateur Radio Antenna Blog focusing on the theory, design, and use of homemade antennas. 0000001132 00000 n PracticeComputer HelpElectronicsEmergency Power!FCC InformationFrequency Guide!Ham Exams! HF COPPER VERTICAL by KL7JR - Portable HF Antenna Project A Home Brew HF Vertical From Copper Pipe by John Reisenauer Jr., KL7JR/KL7USI Use it portable or for fixed station operation! But I'm getting ready (saving up) to get a 10 meter ham radio and will be needing a base antenna for it. directive).Because of ease of construction, low SWR with no-tune breakerbroke23 28.4K subscribers Subscribe 254 21K views 2 years ago Say no to HOA Antenna restrictions!. google_ad_client = "ca-pub-9377297764300878"; 0000002747 00000 n It had a plastic hub that connected the two elements. I just made the feedpoint leads to come out the side of the balun instead of inline like he did his. So According to my research, one method Make the wire connections and insulate any exposed wire with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing, etcinstall the cover plate. /* Ad banner 160 x 600 */ That has since also been replaced (because a hail storm destroyed it along with some other outdoor items) with a true scanner antenna that can pull multiple duty as a scanner, CB transmit and receive and SDR receiver antenna with a coax switch I installed in my shack. http://www.arrl.org. the money for a commercially made CB antennato use on 10 meters, then Terms of Use - Copyright & Privacy Policy. 10-4/8 (=10-1/2) turns. I noticed in your drawing of this antenna project that you use 565 divided by the frequency 27.5 mhz for the radiator. Market,Works with GPK-1 Ground Plane Does not include Roof Mount google_ad_slot = "1982258389"; I figured it out when I went to The Antenna Elmer site in your text and I see they have 585 for their number. Ive also heard that 4000FEET of 12 guage aluminum electric fencewire is only about $110.00 from, A project originally available at http://www.pbase.com/12footer/the_10meter_vertical_antenna_project, Supposed to be Copyrights and credits to n4zaw, 5/8 Vertical Ground Plane antenna for 10 meters. It's a great antenna design. Measuring 4.25-in. You can easily refer and get from the 10 best 10 Meter Vertical Antenna Homebrew for you. But both sides of the antenna must be extended to the same length. But it is paid for. That's 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meters! Die Anregung zum Bau dieser Antenne kommt von WA6CDO.https://www.qsl.net/dl7jv/quad.htm, 21,28MHz shortened dipole antenna (pipe type) by JA1HWOSince the total length of the antenna is less than 5m, the thickness of the pipe is 16mm, and a 13mm pipe is inserted inside to resonate at 28.7MHz.http://mk1502.web.fc2.com/ahf1/218dp_p.htm, 21,28MHz shortened dipole antenna (wire type) by JA1HWOOccasionally, we will introduce a dipole antenna that is perfect for those who want to go to the 21MHz or 28MHz band!
Steve Morris Obituary, Articles OTHER