, 1998 Dale Earnhardt 3 Daytona WIN Raced Version w/ Tire pc. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Comments | Left:This is the version you dont see very often. 1989 Topps #70 **Error Card** MARK MCGWIRE Oakland Athletics Condition: Used Price: US $495.00 $44.67 for 12 months with PayPal Credit* Buy It Now Add to cart Best Offer: Make offer Add to Watchlist 18 watchers Ships from United States Shipping: FREE Secure delivery with tracking | See details Located in: Hamilton, Ohio, United States Delivery: From time to time, we all mess up. Youll also notice the Topps logo is higher up on the card. He has been interviewed on Good Day New Mexico and in Albuquerque The Magazine. I havent seen any cards online of this era with this anomaly. Some like them. Thanks ;). It appears to be a wrong back with Carlos Rogers on the back. Soon after its mid-February release, many collectors attempting to build 2006 Topps Series I sets were asking the same question - "Where the hell is. Many times, collectors look down on printing errors in the sense that theyre not complete. Donruss#165, i have a 17-18 leaf pearl hockey Bill Barilko misprint which stats 8/3.still in original factory sealed case with seal still intact. - Contributors 257, Gary Sheffield 1989 Topps #343 Variation Comparison, 1998 Pinnacle Performers Swing for the Fences Baseball Cards, Julio Rodriguez 2022 Topps Chrome Ben Baller Superfractor Pulled, How to Become a Premium Subscriber | Ep. (LogOut/ And on the reverse, a small portion of what would have been the next card on the sheet) I cannot find any other error like this on this particular card. Sometimes player on the front of the card doesnt match the one on the front. 4,107. 1989 TOPPS TRADED #1-132T BASEBALL CARDS YOU PICK COMPLETE YOUR SET SINGLES C $1.79 Top Rated Seller Was: C $2.56 30% off Buy It Now +C $1.67 shipping from United States Sponsored 1989 Topps Gary Carter Baseball Card #3 Mint FREE SHIPPING C $1.61 Top Rated Seller or Best Offer +C $19.92 shipping estimate from United States Sponsored - Videos Color being the issue. As for the dark team and name banner error, I found both in an equal ratio. No idea if that adds or takes value away. You might get a few dollars if you try to move it. Open layer to learn about Authenticity Guarantee program, 1989 Topps #70 **Error Card** MARK MCGWIRE Oakland Athletics, cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. I have (two) 2016 Topps hi tech Gary Sanchez Red 3/10 !! Im not sure who I can ask for verification. 1989 Topps Darryl Strawberry #19 All-Star Game 1988 Commemorative Set Baseball. Topps also sells blank back sets for a lot of their current sets through the Topps Vault on eBay. They have been consistently found in this printing variety so frequently that it suggests a possible design change by Topps, however, at this point, I do not find them worth listing individually*, ***Manager cards can occasionally be found with a thick black vertical stripe on back. Value. Itd be easy to happen if a couple of sheets stuck together. @Stan This article explains why that is tough to tell. A box of 1989 Topps contains 36 packs of 15 cards each, with a stick of pink bubble gum and sweepstakes card with items that could be ordered from the company store. I have a Lou Piniella card # 669. 1999 Topps Lamar Thomas #48 missing player and team name on the front, the word Topps in the upper right corner is missing approximately 50% of the word. THE DIAMOND IN THE JUNK: #560 Rock Raines, 2019 Parkside Collectibles MLL Trading Cards Box Break, 50 Years Ago, the Miracle Mets Won it All, Diamonds in the Junk 1989 Topps Baseball. I have a chris benoit event worn error card with chris on front and a piece of chris worn shirt or whatever on front and wrong back and the backs upside down it says its trish stratus event worn card but its clearly benoit on front and his event worn not Trish. anyone selling it nor can i find any real info on it. 1989 Topps Baseball is a set with a variety of interesting variations. 1988 Topps Baseball Error Card Mark McGwire 87 Record Breakers #3 Cyan Triangle! Deb Seeton again, some were actually face to face. But they can also lead to more potential production errors. Today I review 1989 Topps baseball cards. I didnt notice this variation until decades into collecting. Contributors | Keep an eye out for this bugger. Generally speaking, the cards are rather bland with team names in a bubble-type script and a Nike-like swoosh containing the player names on the front. Darn You! **Several cards, specifically the Pirates, Giants and Reds, can be found with very dark team/name banners. I have a T207 John Kling with Recruit Cigar printed in PA in 1912. Sheets can stick together. 378/500. Change Log | I have a 1999 Upper Deck MVP Michael In the information it talks about the GM of the team it has the name of the GM for the Jets football team instead of the Bills football team I was wondering what kind of error card this would be and if there is any way of knowing how many were printed. Topps Baseball Cards 1989 Season, John Smoltz Atlanta Braves Baseball MLB Original Autographed Items, Topps 1989 Season Sports Trading Cards & Accessories, Topps Barry Bonds 1989 Season Baseball Cards, Topps John Havlicek Basketball Sports Trading Card Singles To see the current eBay auctions for the 1989 Topps Gary Sheffield, click here. Has any one arm another chrome bordered 2006 Bowman Chrome card? @LJJR76 It sounds like a mix of a blank back and a double-print on the front. just found Boggs #399 with and without a yellow circle just below his right elbow. Three cards isnt enough to determine a trend. Checklist | if anyone is interested i have 4 extra 605 Bob Welch (missing stat line) graded by PSA -- two PSA 9's -- two PSA 5's (don't ask) -- lol. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Is this card Worth anything. So sometimes, you can find buyers, particularly if its a star or an important Rookie Card. So this card has double errors. When it comes to cards, things get messed up from time to time. 20. Random stuff, baseball and football, which will undoubtedly become the inspiration for several more posts. Jim Eppard on back, plus its a mis cut print on back! Manning has Leafs birthday on his card and Leaf has Mannings birthday on his. Its quite interesting and as always, thanks for providing a scan. - Errors / Variations Happy Holidays. 1988 Fleer Complete Set found it in a storage unit. I have a2005 prestige with tom brady on the front but the back is Kellen Winslow jr. The error on card was also circled. And then they expect you to pay to ship it back to them only for them to tell you that the card is not replaceable due to how old it is. Can anybody help me please I have a basketball card I it has a player called Jonathan kuminga rookie card and on the back it has Chris Durant have you ever seen anything like that its a misprint of course can anybody tell me anything about it is a Prizm card and where would I take it I live in the Riverview Tampa Florida area thank you for any help. Sell Sheets / Ads | Two Fernando Valenzuela. The photo has been moved down the card so the top of Garys hat no longer touches the e, the white line along the bottom edge has been removed, and the Topps logo has been pushed down. Quick Links: I did, however, buy my Gary Sheffield variation for $1. Im up for any Infor..Thanks Frank, Hi. Any ideas what to do with card or a value? However, the majority of those that are widely recognized in the hobby come from things like spelling mistakes and wrong photos oops moments that happen before a card heads off to the printer. I was going through my collection of cards, and I think I found an error variation regarding the 92-93 Michael Jordan In Your Face card. If you buy a blaster, most of the base might be messed up. See Pic.. http://dandrix6060.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/rare-1989-star-co-hensley-meulens-99-2/. Hall of Famers | I will keep looking.and enjoying. I seem to remember something with 89 topps traded that had an error. Auction Price Totals. I was a pressman for 22 years so I know the mistake they did and how that happened. This is because they are one of the few subsets with vertically oriented backs, the stripe is a remnant of the normally horizontal design that was poorly removed before printing***, ****A single blackless uncut sheet was recently discovered, sold and cut up into individual cards and resold. It is possible that more than one sheet exists. Its subtle but its there. On the back it is a normal clyde drexler card but again on the fron the 93 94 fleet ultra is on the wrong side of the card??? He has lectured in Internet Marketing at the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics at California State University, Northridge. The foil is of Patrick Roy. The price guide is available here (subscription required): https://www.beckett.com/online-price-guide. That said, lets shed some light on the Bob Welch 1989 Topps #605A. The Lacavalier foil is on the Patrick Roy card. Right: This version represents the final pass of corrections. Had no idea the error existed. I just went through all of my 1989 Topps and found the following The Future Stars cards with the wider gap between the top of hat and text are definitely much scarcer based on my findings. Truthfully, these are some rough cards. Rookies | This is the rarest version. - Forum Trivia | I am sorting a few thousand and thought I would pull out what I can. Now, 30 years later, and you can still get a 1990 Topps Frank Thomas rookie for $5.00 or less. Famous Error Cards Thomas, Frank 1990 Topps Mantle, Mickey 1969 Topps Littlefield, John 1982 Fleer All Known Cards, 1990 Topps Black Ink Errors (Detail) VIEW ERROR CARD LINKS Popular Sets 1952 Topps 1969 Topps 1981 Fleer 1982 Topps Blackless 1988 Topps 1989 Fleer 1990 Topps Black Ink Errors (Detail) VIEW ALL ERROR CARDS I have a 1988 Cal Ripken Jr and 1988 Mark McGuire both look like the were double printed or off somehow Ive looked all over for other examples of them but cant find anything. Other times, you get cards they are clearly off. $88,478. Should I look into getting it graded? Also, congrats on balanced colation of the inking varieties. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include shipping from the seller to the authenticator, authentication time, shipping from the authenticator to buyer, seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Sometimes they make so many errors that by the time they catch it the right card has a less production number than the error Variation #1: Shown on the right is the error card. Mistakes happen even when it comes to printing sports cards. For me, they are just mild amusement, but some of the more dedicated variation hunters can tell you the exact reason for each variation, what sheet each card was printed on and whether there happened to be a scratch in a printing plate. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. How much are these cards worth? 1989 Topps Football Wax Pack Certified Graded Authentic Unopened Encapsulated. The front also has in white lettering Traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Topps issued their standard 792-card set in 1989, not counting the various errors and print variations. Did you find any versions of the Alicea card that didnt have the E*F* on back? Can anyone shed some light on the 1989 Star Co Hensley Meulens (card #99) (St.Petersburg )error. ohh, was hoping for a CBT person reply on how 'board' is spelled incorrectly, then seeing a reply with a giggy giggle. 1992 Topps basketball Dana Barros incorrectly cut card. 1st stamp was error in spelling and second stamp was the fix. All rights reserved. - Gallery I have a Baseball card with the wrong # on the back, But I cannot find it anywhere online ? Any info on this would be helpful. Is that not an error card? (ps there issomeone sellign a diff type of error but same card (missing godlen Bulls) right on e bay for a ridicooous amount). Opens in a new window or tab. Considering the millions of cards printed each year, its pretty amazing to think how small the number of problems are. Forum | Something went wrong. JAXON except mine has clyde drexler on one side and Derrick colman on the other,its definitely some kind of misprint because there are even errors in the ink and pictures its pretty cool. Baseball Cards. I can send a pic if needed. 1989 Topps Baseball is a set with a variety of interesting variations. Can you point me in the right direction? Some may even avoid printing errors because theyre not as theyre intended. Is the description on the 403 Puckett AS correct? Learn how your comment data is processed. - Contributors 1988 Topps Vintage Baseball Card #580 Mark McGwire Error Yellow Line. Looks (and feels) like a tiny bulldozer drove over the bottom 1/5 of the card. - Trivia Centered and cut perfect. He also has a Project Management Certificate from UCLA Extension. Got a question, story idea or want to get in touch? - Pricing I know I never ran across that. Here is the latest installment in thePSA Blog series called Diamonds in the Junk, where we crack some junk wax, review the results, relate them to the hobby today and have fun along the way. There birthdays are switched on the card. Normally, these are caused by part of the production chain. Wondering about grading these error cards. I have looked around a little and can see nothing reported on this error anywhere. Like this: Loading. i did a little research and that player wasnt even in the set of cards that year. Total Cards: 132. The prices shown are the lowest prices available for Bob Welch [Error] the last time we updated. @Andy It sounds like a mis-cut card, which are mentioned in the article. 2006 Topps. I have 2 95-95 Eric Desjardins upper deck hockey cards. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Needless to say, these cards dont yield the best results from grading. External Links | This article addresses why its tricky to gauge a value on misprints. You might take a few moments to rummage through that mess and see if you have this card. Heres How to Tell Them Apart. Does anyone know if this is anything special? Not a major deal with todays $5-$10 junk wax, but a bit more frustrating back in the day when people were hand-collating these sets.
Maximal Test Advantages And Disadvantages, Gollum Smeagol Monologue Script, Articles OTHER