Cook 8oz. 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes) pepper 2 c macaroni noodles uncooked 1 c grated cheddar cheese more, if needed, to cover the casserole Instructions Preheat the oven to 350F Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain. Secondly, add the cream of mushroom soup to the bowl. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (drained), 8oz. Transfer beef mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish; layer tater tots evenly on top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup milk. Questions & Replies Sign In Garnish with parsley just before serving, if desired. Your email address will not be published. 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole is a budget-friendly and easy dinner recipe for the entire family. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cheesy Beef and Sweet Potato Taco Casserole, Loaded Mashed Potato and Meatball Casserole, Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole, 15 Smart Ways to Use Leftover Corned Beef, Reuben Casserole Is for St. Paddy's Day Leftovers, Make This Corned Beef Sandwich for St. Paddy's Day, Corned Beef Is Quick and Tender in an Instant Pot, Corned Beef Hash Is the Ultimate One-Skillet Meal, Get Ready, Meatball Subs Are Coming in Hot, Corned Beef and Cabbage Is Easy in a Slow Cooker, The Difference Between Pastrami vs. Corned Beef, The Best Homemade Sloppy Joes You'll Ever Try, Whip Up This Easy Lasagna for Dinner Tonight, 45 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes That Are Perfect for Dinner. Home Dishes & Beverages Pasta Dishes Baked Pasta. mushrooms. Create an easy, affordable and delicious meal using two hearty main ingredients. Stir and cook until hot. creamy hamburger noodle casserole, easy hamburger noodle casserole, ground beef and egg noodle casserole, recipes with egg noodles and ground beef. This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind as a way to use up my random leftover veggies because the pasta, sauce/cheese, and mushrooms make it a solid and yummy base to thrown anything in the casserole. It is super filling and can stand on its own as a meal. It is definitely a mid-week staple kind of meal for us. Boil the egg noodles until al dente, then drain and toss with melted butter. So glad we found this page. Add 1 Tbsp cooking oil to a large skillet along with 1/2 lb. While family loved it. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Pick one, or make the meal stretch by adding a few. Spread the potatoes in a single layer over the top, sprinkle the top of the tater tots with the remaining cheese. Casserole cooking is one of the easiest and most economical ways to feed a large family. The frozen potatoes come out just as delicious. If using a higher percent fat beef, drain the excess fat before continuing. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Ground beef casseroles always get eaten in my house as my kids are big fans of pretty much any meal with hamburger. Anyway, back to the recipe Preheat your oven to 350F. You can also try mayonnaise in this dish. Youll be baking the dish for half an hour with the tin foil and half an hour without the tin foil, so the cheese will bake on top toward the end. Put pan back on stove over medium heat (don't add the ground beef back in yet.) I love budget-friendly, and I love simple. then half the soup mixture. Welcome to the world of delicious recipes designed for small budgets. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and the milk. 4 to 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced. Get 5 quick-prep meals you can make tonight, can condensed cream of mushroom soup, NOT diluted, 12 Things You Need for Your St. Patricks Day Party, The 6 Best Stand Mixers for Bread of 2023, Boil the noodles according to the package instructions for. Stir everything to combine. It's also surprisingly easy to make! Stir the cream of mushroom soup and the evaporated milk in with the meat. Beat eggs with milk, and pour over top the entire casserole. Drain the fat off the meat. Instructions. Get the Cheesy Beef and Sweet Potato Taco Casserole recipe. In the same skillet, brown the onions until soft. (Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.). For those of you that werent necessarily raised on the hearty meal, traditional Beef Stroganoff () is a Russian dish of sauted pieces of beef served in a sour cream sauce. Super delicious and checked all the boxes I wanted to check. Remove from pan and set aside. Stuffed peppers are so versatile when it comes to weeknight dinner. Only thing Ill mention is one of the pictures in the photo instructions is missing the mushrooms are missing in action. Cheesy Chicken Vegetable and Rice Casserole. Basically I wanted to make an egg noodle-y casserole but also wanted southwest/Mexican flavors. I added various chopped veggies while cooking the beef, onion, and mushrooms to add some colour and nutrients (shredded carrot, zucchini, and peas were good add ins). The tortilla chips are layered like lasagna noodles throughout the dish. The best ground beef to use when making burgers is 80/20 or 90/10 ground chuck, which is 80% lean meat and 20% fat. Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). I think the closest product would be passata, but you might need to add a little more salt. Grease a 9x13 pan. The other day on Facebook I asked your opinion on classic casseroles. The response was almost unanimousyou love them, but would like to see versions made without as many canned ingredients or cream of soups. I changed dish to a soup bowl and voila! The starch is simple enough to add, pick something like potatoes (tater tots), pasta, or rice and choose a binder such as cream of chicken plus a little extra milk, sour cream, or water so it's not too dry. Then pour the frozen vegetables over the top of the ground beef. This casserole has all the elements of a family-friendly meal: creamy beef filling, cheesy tater tots, and bacon. The hot dogs are wrapped in a flaky crust, then nestled in a dish of beef and pork chili. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! This does not necessarily mean the meat has gone bad, but can reduce the shelf life. Keep reading for a handful of ground beef and cream of mushroom soup recipes! For instance, there's the warm and cozy sour cream noodle bake and the cowboy casserole that's loaded with tater tots. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir to combine and then transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and onion, and cook until the beef is no longer pink (about 10 minutes). 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Season the beef with a little salt . My family and I have been eating your recipes the last 3 weeks or so. Beef and Mushroom Casserole has all of these things going for it: So if you need something that can save the day when you dont know what too make for dinner tonight, look no further than this easy casserole. Place a layer of noodles in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. I doubled the recipe and added some cut up smoked sausage which had black pepper and cheddar in it. Par cook the egg noodles a couple minutes under package instructions so that they don't get mushy while cooking in the oven. Flavor in any recipe is important, but what do you do if you find yourself with a bland dish that has already been cooked? Did you grow up with Beef Stroganoff too? Drain off any grease. Bring to a simmer. Add soup, water and mushrooms. I do not recommend freezing this casserole, since the creamy sauce may split when thawed. Great week night dinner go-to! This main dish ground beef casserole only calls for five simple and inexpensive ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. ground beef and rice, ground beef casserole, Mushroom, Terms of Use Disclosure & Privacy Policies. Add cream soup and frozen vegetables. The crackers really make it special. Score one for Aunt Barbara. bake on 350 for 40 minutes. While the macaroni is cooking, season the beef with salt and pepper. But, you can use less than that, as well. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9 . 70/30 or 80/20 ground chuck is best when making meatloaf. Pour the soup, mushrooms (optional), vegetables, and beef broth into the skillet with the ground beef. Stir in the spinach, cream cheese, condensed soup, sour cream, milk, salt and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Add onion slices and celery cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent and soft. Dont Forget to Share a Pic of What You Made! I used about 1lb of meat instead of 1/2lb because my beef was already open and I wanted to use it up, and the ratios seemed perfect. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the FULL recipe card. Would it still fit in the 913 OK? It is hearty, delicious, and EASY to make for a hearty dinner. It's topped with a bed of crushed Ritz and baked until golden. You will need to use the correct ratio of liquid to rice. I grew up on classic Beef Stroganoff, which was a staple in my moms kitchen during the cold-weather months. Its mostly just tomato and has a LOT less sugar than canned tomato soup. 10.5 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup cup milk teaspoon oregano teaspoon dried parsley salt and pepper to taste 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided Instructions Preheat the oven to 375F. ground beef. That's so great to hear! Yes, please! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The base of this dish is spinach, mushrooms, rice, and beef. Season with salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and cooked onions. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. I love science and art, and the way they come together when I cook. It's made with cauliflower rice so it's lower in carbs, plus it's loaded with fresh spinach and lean ground beef. 1 (25-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce. Drain the grease and add it to a large bowl. With creamy egg noodles and a hearty meat sauce, everything about this casserole is comforting. Pour into a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheddar cheese on top. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and give everything a good stir. Add frozen corn and peas with half of frozen tater tots, 1 cup of cheese and condensed soups. sour cream, 2 sliced green onions, and 4oz. Bake uncovered at 375 F until casserole is very hot, bubbling up sides, and cheese is completely melted, about 15 minutes. Roll out one tube of crescent rolls and place on the bottom of prepared pan. Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar into beef and vegetable mixture; season with salt and black pepper. While the noodles are cooking, dice one onion and slice 8oz. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well before pouring them into your casserole. Beef & Mushroom Country Casserole is a filling and flavorful hot meal that the whole family will love, and with NO cream of soups! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab0e3ec2bc09b2957d9f473f83dba443" );document.getElementById("db6cea8004").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In prepared casserole dish, layer 1/2 precooked egg noodles, 1/2 hamburger mixture and 1/2 can of mushroom soup. Get the Loaded Mashed Potato and Meatball Casserole recipe at The Novice Chef. Find all of our dinner recipes here, or see a few of our fan favorites below. Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, uncovered, or until the rice is tender. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and the milk. I had thought how to make hamburger helper (from Just A Pinch) and this recipe was belonged to my husbands mom and she cooked them for her whole family. document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Cooking on a budget shouldn't mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night. 1 bell pepper, chopped. Top with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or any shredded cheese that melts well. Drain. You can also use hash browned potatoes if you have a bag of those in your freezer. This recipe looks yummy! Preheat oven to 350. Thank you!!! In a large bowl, combine the noodles, beef, peas, soups and sour cream. Cream of mushroom soup Cream of cheddar cheese soup Cubed potatoes (I used frozen) Shredded cheddar cheese Salt and pepper Tinfoil How To Make Ground Beef Casserole Start by cooking the ground beef. Substitute in your favorite type of cheese for cheddar, if desired. Combine the beef and soup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth. The site may earn a commission on some products. Coat the inside of the baking dish with cooking spray. Heavy whipping cream added to creamy dishes adds a delicious texture and flavor. Try this budget-friendly version made with ground beef and frozen veggies. Bring a pot of water to boil and begin to cook egg noodles according to package directions. Thank you! Continue to saut over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are transparent. 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, or a combination of mozzarella and cheddar These two ingredients are comforting, hearty, filling, delicious and affordable. Place tater tots on top of the mixture. This creates a creamy, custard layer that binds everything together. Leave the ground beef in larger chunks while browning. Your email address will not be published. You need three cups of cubed potatoes, so you can cut up some potatoes, boil them and add them to the casserole, or add the frozen ones. Hey, first of all I love your recipes and your website. While the noodles are cooking, finely dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef and the onion. Recipe Notes Serve with pasta for a heartier dish. Season with salt, pepper, dried thyme and cooked onions. After all, even picky eaters can get behind the cheeseburger casserole that's layered with french fries! This dish is a huge hit around our house and the kids ask for it all the time. pasta instead of eight. You dont want to put the cold casserole in the hot oven because the sour cream mixture may break.. A heavenly mix of chicken, cream of mushroom and chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and cheese, this casserole is a sure hit, even for picky eaters. Let casserole cool at room temperature for 5 minutes, then cut into 4 equal portions. Pour chips into bottom of casserole dish (leave whole). Pour off any fat. Top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese, then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until it is bubbling around the edges and the top is starting to brown just slightly. If you're trying to eat healthier this year, this easy casserole dish is for you. Just like the classic sandwich, this twist on Philly cheesesteak is loaded with peppers, onions, and provolone cheese. John Wayne Casserole 5-Ingredient Ground BeefCasserole(from Back To My Southern Roots) is a budget-friendly and easy dinner recipe for the entire family. Hi Beth, looking forward to trying this sometime! Reduce the heat and add the cream of mushroom soup, Velveeta, and milk. I'm Megan and I am so happy you are here! Cook until tender and whisk in the flour for 30 seconds. Preheat oven to 350. Stir in the noodles and beef mixture. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Get the Baked Spaghetti recipe at Grandbaby Cakes. I buy my meat at the Fresh Market on sale days. Pour the cooked meat and onions into the 9x13 pan. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. It is so easy to fix it and it is so good and tasty. Add the cooking oil and ground beef to a large skillet. Use a large skillet to brown the ground beef. For this recipe, I used two pounds of ground beef. This recipe will be a staple in my house. In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium high heat with the onion and mushroom until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Add the cream, broth and seasoning and continue to cook on saute until bubbling and thick. Privacy Policy. Required fields are marked *. Transfer to a 2-qt. Add the diced onion, sliced mushrooms, garlic powder, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet. Required fields are marked *. celery cooking until no pink. . Cover and cook until cheese melts. 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole is a budget-friendly and simple dinner for the entire family. Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese Casserole, 50 Best Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Chefs & Recipes, 36 Best Potato Casserole Recipes - Table for Seven, 50 Best Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Table for Seven, Blueberry, Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookie Bars. But you can prep the whole pasta bake in advance and freeze it to make weeknights even easier. And that cracker topping just never gets old! Nutrition Facts 1 cup chopped onion. A casserole that's ready in less than 30 minutes? Spread cracker crumbs over the top of the casserole and drizzle with butter. When ready to bake, its important to give the dish plenty of time on the counter to come to room temperature (at least 1 hour). The dish gets a crunchy topping that complements the tender and creamy casserole underneath. When we think of ground beef casserole recipes, the first thing that comes to mind is comfort food. With five ingredients, your dinner will be ready in a little more than an hour and you can get to more important things. The added sausage was really tasty, too. Finally, pour everything into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and spread it out. You can replace the sour cream with an equal amount of full-fat plain yogurt or full-fat plain Greek yogurt. Preheat oven to 350F. add seasonings garlic powder and onion powder. My international readers alwaysask what tomato sauce is, so let me show you :) Its basically pured tomatoes, with just a little salt and seasoning (onion, garlic, etc.). Instructions. Its not sweet like ketchup or tomato soup. cup sour cream salt & pepper to taste 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded cup frozen veggies Instructions Preheat oven to 350F. With ground beef, potatoes, cheese, and soups, you cant go wrong with this meal. Brown ground beef, leaving in larger chunks. If you can't find it then use regular cream of mushroom soup.
Dfsr Update State Blocked, Articles C