-- Alisha Shambra, "When I was a skinny, little kid, my mother would spread butter on white bread and sprinkle it with sugar; and I loved it. Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use, Copyright 2004-2022 Suzanne McMinn Design by Swank Web Design Powered by WordPress. Ate plenty of those while growing up in WV. :hungry2: Yes, I have eaten them when I was younger but now they sort of fall into the same category as hot dogs for me. I grew up in California and we ate these all the time when I was a kid!and you had to have it on white Wonder breadand just to add an additional white trash factor..we added Velveeta sometimes..LOL! The act of putting a little squirt of ketchup on a smoky little processed link is blasphemy. Just slice them in half longways so you have two long strips. Like you said the way your Mom,or in this case my Grandma madeem. Havent had baloney in forever, although I fry up Spam once in a while. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 63,816 times. Mississippi is filled with some of the countrys most jaw-dropping destinations, from scenic Dunns Falls to beautiful Tishomingo State Park. Now my kids are carrying on the tradition! Let us count the ways. I cant get over the prices on that menu. Ship Island is only accessible by boat, but you can enjoy a 40-minute ferry ride to the island for some fun in the sun. If you need more butter as you're cooking these, just add a bit more in. 4. I also still have to buy vienna sausages and potted meat and Treet (we ate it, no spam) every so often. If you burn the edges a little bit, you get a nice caramelized flavor. Snoop Dogg Fried Bologna Sandwich Recipe. Thats a guilty pleasure food for me. I told her, 'we are in the South, you are gonna have to go sit over there if you are gonna do that!'" Wed sit and watch Mr Rogers and eat it. i dont consider it a delicacy by any means. Of course, though we still have it the fancy way, every so often we still have it with Velveta or in my case, just fried baloney on buttered bread. Prepare Bread: Brush the side of the bread with butter and place facing down in the skillet. (Visit Mississippi). My mother never made fried bologna sandwiches. Grilled Cheese According to user jacks119, eating grilled cheese with ketchup is delicious because you get to taste something that is sweet, savory, and salty, all at the same time. Fry bologna till slightly blackened. In 1896, . -- Ginger Mowery Orth, "People get grossed out when they see me eating black eyed peas or butter beans with Duke's mayonnaise mixed in them. Fried balogna on white bread with cheese, or with mayo, or with BBQ sauce. If there's no bologna, it's not a bologna sandwich. I loved that so much. Spread mayonnaise on insides of both slices of bread and place fried bologna and melted cheese on 1 piece. I remember they were slits cut around the edges to prevent curling and it was fried in butter. Exploring The Amounts Of Ketchup In Fast Food Squeeze Packs, Why Eating Hot Dogs With Ketchup Is Illegal In Some Places, Is Ketchup Gluten-Free? Although ketchup can add a pleasant flavor to some sandwiches, the acidity of the tomato-based condiment can overpower the delicate flavor of turkey. He said it tasted like cheesecake. He then mixed Italian dressing into a salad. Creamy, tangy, and meaty, what's not to love? (and mayo!!) Another thing I was raised on was peanut butter and syrup. Ketchup is often considered one of the bad-boy condiments for people with type 2 diabetes. Ive had my share of fried bologna and at the time thought it was great. This article has been viewed 63,816 times. Make a 1-inch X in the center of each piece of bologna to keep it from curling up in the skillet. You'll want it to brown nicely on one side before flipping it over to brown on the other. Unimpressive? That's fair. Im a purist though; I want the fried (or baloney, as we still call it), fried till almost burnt, on white bread with mayo. If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. I still would have rolled them if I hadnt just read the posts above! yuck . Got a kiddo in the family who loves Pete the Cat? How to make Fried Bologna Sandwiches: thick, deli-sliced bologna Mix on low until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is smooth and soft, not sticky. The floors werent even, either. Fried stuff (hot or otherwise), like a bacon sandwich or a sausage and egg sandwich: go ahead. It'll make the perfect addition to any Easter basket as it comes with stickers, fun maze and more. Nasty! Now that he is an adult, my brother has gone all hoity- toity and only eats GARLIC bologna fried. Yep.as good as it sounds! It is a sandwich served at lunch counters of small, family-run markets that surround the Great Smoky Mountains, and fried bologna sandwiches can be found on restaurant menus in many places in the South. Id eat that right now if it was in front of me. Image via Complex Original. The strongest theory is that ketchup spaghetti originated in [postwar] Yokohama. The following is an indisputable list of foods that should never be eaten without ketchup. Now I need a bologna sammich! YUM! Our neighbor grew up on a farm and she introduced our family to them. marana middle school sports June 29, 2022. Can ketchup go with bread? (when you are done cooking, fill the pan with HOT water right away to make the pan easier to clean off.). It's the only way to get everything nice and mixed together. This may be in part because ketchup contains "hidden" sugar and salt, and also because people often. In fact, the Clemson University Extension Service and South Carolina Forestry Commission offer up a free native tree to folks who cut down their Bradford pear. "The Sun Has Gone To Bed," by It's a Southern Thing's Kelly Kazek, is the perfect bedtime book for your little ones this spring -- especially if they aren't always so eager to say goodnight. LOL, I thought I invented them! Also spelled baloney sandwich, it is traditionally made from sliced bologna between slices of white bread, along with various condiments, such as mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup. Uncovering The Truth: Is Big Y Ketchup Really Made By Del Monte? Additionally, ketchup is often used with other condiments like mustard or mayonnaise, which can clash with the taste of turkey. I had occasion to have to spend a great deal of time at the bedside of a sick relative at one of the better hospitals here in North Carolina so I got to know their enploye / visitor cafeteria pretty well. Start with good, thick, deli-sliced bologna, not the pre-packaged stuff. Condiments remaining on the fingers after eating a hot dog should be licked away, not washed. You all have made me hungry and theres no bologna in the house.grocery store is 2 hours away. Replace your other favorite red sauce by tossing ketchup with buttered pasta (or pouring over macaroni and cheese or fried rice). Heck, at age ?? I grew up with them! Buddy will only eat ketchup when he eats a sandwich. Water, to thin tomato paste. She will take pretzels and dip them in marshmallow fluff then mustard. Most days it was bologna and cheese (cus it was cheap). It is best to serve mayo on sandwiches. Top with other slice of bread and enjoy! do you put ketchup on bologna sandwich? These half dozen bologna sandwich recipes highlight the best ways to make bologna sandwiches, from sizzling fried slices to extra flavorful spreads. Yup, solidified bacon grease smeared between two pieces of bread." A big deal if you're a chef, not such a big deal if you're just in the kitchen by yourself. My daughter loves having it for breakfast with eggs and toast. Post author: Post published: July 1, 2022; Post category: i 15 accident st george utah today; Generations back to the 1700s here in upstate NY and my father used to make them when I was a kid. My husband ( a hmmmm, Texan) , had never had one until he married me . My husband is from Michigan, but his first girlfriend down here in Tennessee used to make him a fried egg and bologna sandwich when he went to her house. We got more than 4,000 replies, and almost all them can be summed up in a single word: Yuck. Sliced Grandmother Bread is perfect in my book, though many people will tell you only real store-bought Wonder Bread will do. ketchup on hamburgers and hot dogs, on the other hand. Top with other piece of bread and serve. Ill fry 2 or 3 hotdogs at a time. What a coincidence! Similarly, when it comes to toppings, you do you. Try experimenting with different types of bread and cheese. Minimal cook time. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! If you're familiar with the classic "There Was an Old Lady" song then you'll recognize the story featured in this silly story -- but with an Easter twist. Ketchup is much sweeter than anything else you'd typically find in a sandwich. Yay! "But ketchup DOES go well with hot . Its a completely different flavor (like what happens to onions), so dont be shy.give it a try! A lot of people think the trees are pretty. -- Brenda Cheramie, "While working at Waffle House in Georgia, I observed a man mix strawberry jam into a large bowl of grits. . Optional fried egg. We always rolled those hot dogs back and forth through the pan of barbequeat age five you didnt think to cut them! Adding pickle to the mix will help to level up the game, and mixing it with tuna will also help. Fried bologna sandwich? How the toxic poke sallet plant became a Southern staple. If you skip this step, the bologna will curl up when it touches the hot pan, leaving the edges crispy, the middle ungriddled, and the whole slice curled up and wonky. Clark Creek Nature Area is a place youll need to visit more than once. In a pinch Ive been know to throw the bologna in the microwave lol. Don't knock it till ya try it!" Written by Margaret Wise Brown, author of "Goodnight Moon," this classic story follows an adorable bunny on a quest to find his home for spring and has been a family favorite since 1956. directions Heat oil over med-high heat in frying pan. He said he liked "savory and sweet"." Haven't had Ketchup in years. . Grew up in Phoenix. It's an interactive Easter board book that the whole family will enjoy from the creators of the popular "Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site" series. When we were first married we were dirt poor and lived for some overtime pay. We fried the bologna in butter! Ingredients. Make the Meatloaf ahead of time: Using the leftover meatloaf slices, add to a medium-sized skillet. It looked liked dripping blood!" Do you put ketchup on a sandwich? I grew up with them too. I still to this day eat a fried bologna sandwich once in awhile. My Mom liked to make fried egg sandwiches too, but they had to be served on a nice potato roll with a slice of tomato. I do love fried spam.. :hungry: YEP My mom made these lots of times. Pickles will be included in his breakfast as well. Probably Italy's most famous dish, yet there isn't a restaurant in Bologna that serves it. For instance, some people might not be used to others folding pizza slices, and some people debate if soda is called "pop" or not. You reach for the ketchup and get a few unapproving looks from your friends. None of us other kids were brave enough to try them!" -- Sheila Gilcrease. She also made us Tomato soup to go with it or chicken noodle. MY mouth is watering! Ketchup is sometimes seen as a poor person's food: people in dire situations have been known to eat ketchup sandwiches due to an inability to afford normal fillings. Dukes mayonayse. PB, Ketchup and Bologna Sandwich Giphy "When we were kids my cousin loved peanut butter, ketchup and bologna sandwiches! Do. Speaking as a Californian born and bred, my Midwestern grandmother introduced me to fried bologna and cheese sandwiches (pickled pigs feet too, yum!) Plain, please. Made up my mind as a kid 2 things I would never eat when I grew up. Put slit in bologna from middle to all the way through the end. I really have no idea where my strong feelings about this lunch meat came from, but I wont be making it in my house lol, I do though see how if you like bologna it would probably be a delicious way to eat it, since just about everything tastes better fried lol, My Mama used to make these for us when we were kids, YUM! The park also offers hiking trails and a disc golf course. Printer-Friendly -- Lynn Bonifay, "My son puts barbecue sauce on pretty much everything. Via Getty Images Weird. Butter is gonna give you those nice crispy edges. It centers around a little fawn and her determination to fight off sleep by following the sun as long as she can. Why or why not? I also grew up eating fried bologna sandwiches. If nothing else, it became a part of your childhood memories, and even the haters might look back at them with fondness. Fry three minutes per side. Add the bologna and fry a couple. Don't skip on the honey wheat bread, its sweetness perfectly balances out the savory fillings. Fried bologna sandwiches and omelets were my specialty. Suzanne, this was truly almost enough to put me off your entire blog. SO GOOD! I like fried sweet bologna with cream cheese and Lebanon bologna with provolone. Definetly worth the happy dance :shimmy: They all sound so good we had them with toast and ketchup cheese was optional lol. Melt some butter in a skillet and place the bologna slice in the hot butter. Id take the bologna over it any day. "It was a cold wintry day when I brought my children to live in rural West Virginia. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. Oh man! I beg to differ ~ this is not just a SOUTHERN favorite, we up in the NORTH have also been known to delight in this fine treat! And yet restaurants, fast-food chains and delis . This means children are more likely to want it in their sandwiches. Spend the day swimming, fishing, hunting for seashells or just relaxing and taking in the view. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Little Golden Books has you covered with its "Home for a Bunny". Its another picture-perfect spot for viewing the foliage and the animals who call it home. Depends on the sandwich. Caramelized onions and three types of cheese makes this the best fried bo. For a quick meal, read on.. lol. My brother swears that the German bologna is great too he says he gets it in Georgia at Walmart deli. Put bologna (with barbecue sauce) on slice of white bread. I loved mustard on mine. Mother Nature has created some stunning views across the South, but she really did something special in Mississippi. Ive also had fried baloney for breakfast, in the place of bacon or sausage and fried eggs with mustard on the side. Clark Creek Nature Area is filled with gorgeous sights. :)That isunless I want one too!! They can survive in the deep water for much of their life, unlike other plants and trees. beta's mate wattpad; bud vape disposable device review; mozzarella liquid uses; new amsterdam fc youth academy; new construction homes under $200k in georgia; janet airlines flight tracker; henry godwinn broken neck; do you put ketchup on bologna sandwich? Southerners weren't even the first to put mayonnaise in deviled eggs. "You have to grow up sometime,". I perfer a good chipped ham, or sliced roast. You can add whatever sandwich fixings you like and then top it off with ketchup, creating a unique and tasty snack. (You really want to smash the Cubano sandwich, compressing the bread to about 1/3 its original size!) The heat brings out the full pork flavor of the bologna for an unmatched flavor (not to mention those glorious, caramelized edges), and the mustard gives a sharp, tangy contrast to the rich pork fat. He couldn't help it -- he was from the North!" My sweet Nanny was becoming forgetful and made grits instead of pasta for dinner one evening. Loved them! As an adult, I now raise my eyebrows and scrunch my nose when I eat one. I was like, What you talkin bout, Willis? Now Im a fan. A loaf of bread with a toasted western, bacon sandwich, scrambledeggs, and meat loaf is a great place to serve ketchup. Chicago girl, but my parents are from the south, so yes on fried bologna. When I first moved out in to my own place and I didnt know how to cook and didnt have any money anyway, I lived on eggs, bologna, cheese and bread. Would I not be disgusted if I knew what it was made of? We ate it over toast! Whether served straight from the fridge on white bread with yellow mustard, or fried until crispy and covered with a layer of gooey cheese, one bite of this beloved sandwich meat will give you a hit of nostalgia. Released this year, it features colorful illustrations of flowers, animals and other springtime sights along with the familiar face of everyone's favorite Grouchy Lady Bug. This classic tomato-based sauce is a sweeter and tangier version of ketchup. Melt some butter in a skillet and place the bologna slice in the hot butter. Heres where it gets really subjective. We ate fried bologna sandwiches in Indiana too. Another fun book that's perfect for spring is It's a Southern Thing's "Y is for Y'all". All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. The Best Temperature For Removing Ketchup Stains: How To Pre-Treat And Get The Best Results. I like it even better than fried. Preheat oven to 450 F. Pour remaining beef consomm onto a baking sheet, tilt to coat entire bottom and sprinkle evenly with dried minced onions. The state is well known for its friendly people, but thats just scratching the surface of what makes it such a great place to visit. Any kind of bread with the thick bologna the real kind. Yes! You'll want it to brown nicely on one side before. Sounds kind of gross, but just dig in and squeeze and smoosh, and blend. But Contaldo thinks the report . I havent even bought bologna in 30 years. It's not rotting fish, although that's certainly what it smells like. The only things that make a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomato work are mustard and mayonnaise. Anyone had those? Heinz Ketchup: A Peanut-Free Condiment For Those With Peanut Allergies, The End Of An Era: Exploring The Reasons Behind McDonalds And Heinzs Splitting Up After 40 Years, A Classic Condiment For Generations: Primo Ketchup. We can't imagine who in nature is attracted to this smell, but to each their own. Enjoy! Enjoy! Ketchup is much sweeter than anything else you'd typically find in a sandwich. In the birds droppings, the seeds will germinate and advance, becoming ever more genetically diverse in the process and making the pear ever more adapted to its own spread.". The FDA allows up to 325 insect fragments per 10 grams of ground thyme, to take one . Ship Island has an interesting backstory. Ketchup is an exception to the rule that only hotdogs, bacon, and egg sandwiches are permitted. "I remember my parents grinding the bologna in an old fashion meat grinder," says Regina. Basically, if a dish is savory and/or deep-fried, there is a strong chance it will taste fantastic dunked in Indian ketchup. . Im not worried about it, just wondering (I like mayo and his dad is a mustard fan). When it comes to mayonnaise, a BLT requires a lot of work, but it can be customized by adding various ingredients. Is deli bologna not made of gross things? *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 1 -2 slice bologna (depending on preference) 18 teaspoon oil 1 slice American cheese 1 tablespoon mustard directions Put oil in a frying pan and heat to med. Was introduced to them in college and went through a phase of eating quite a few of them. Spread a little butter on the hot griddle or fry pan, and place the Cubano sandwich on the pan. Whether you're looking for a fun children's book about a certain celebrated bunny known for making an appearance around this time of year, a sweet book to teach youngsters about the beauty of spring's arrival (and all the adorable animals that come with it) or a book that tackles both, we've got you covered with this list of Easter reads. Named after its creator John Dunn, an Irish immigrant, the waterfall provided a natural source of power, turning the giant on-site water wheel. Mississippis local history is on display at Tishomingo State Park, named for Chief Tishomingo who was the leader of the Chickasaw Nation. But if you grew up with them, the only right way is how yo mama did it, so I understand. The best hot dog toppingsfor me, that's sauerkraut, mustard, and/or a loaded Chicago . It has codified the rule in their paper on "Hot Dog Etiquette and everyday guidance . This article was co-authored by wikiHow Staff. This savory sandwich loaf is impressive in both appearance and flavor. If wikiHow has helped you, please consider a small contribution to support us in helping more readers like you. Heat until melted and meatloaf is heated through. p.s. When I was 10 and 11, I spent a lot of time home alone while my mother worked, especially during the summers. Usually we cut the piece in half and then scored a little halfway on the round side. In fact, bologna is the great-great grandson of the Italian's mortadella. Despite the fact that mayonnaise is required for the sandwich, it can be enhanced by adding any number of other ingredients. Fish sauce already has a long production and fermentation time, and it will sit just fine unrefrigerated. That looks DELICIOUS!!! have a Michigander DH who looks positively glassy if I suggest frying one of his comfort childhood foods (a little drool, too!). I like to add melted swiss cheese and pickle. What can I say, when you grow up poor or live in the country, its a family favorite. Shape, cover with plastic,. Right.fried bologna (we clipped the edges a little to prevent curling), cheap white bread (who could afford Wonder?) I discovered the curling effect and had to figure out how to prevent it. Thank you! Ketchup is the red cherub of the condiment world; it has a celestial presence that counters greasy, fried bites with its sharp but sweet flavor. There are plenty of scenic views to seek out in Clark Creek Nature Area. Read my barnyard stories! Oh yeah baby we grew up on fried bologna sandwiches. Some people even like a fried egg on top. Regardless, if Mahomes played in Chicago and admitted to putting ketchup on a hot dog instead of yellow mustard, green relish, chopped onions, tomato wedges, a pickle, celery salt and maybe some peppers, he'd be declawed even if he was leading the Bears to 12-win seasons, as he did with the Chiefs last year. I cant believe you have a post about it today! I would simply cut the edge after it was done cooking, but then I had to use two slices per sandwich, for coverage. The fried bologna is then placed on the bread with the condiments and toppings. -- Susan Rizi-Benson, "Watched a co-worker put a salmon filet on top of a piece of cheesecake, then use his fork to carve out bites that contained both items. 40 50 90 triangle calculator . The three key points in a fried bologna sandwich are the meat, the cheese, and the bread. Had those.yum. They shake their heads and warn you, "Never put ketchup on a hot dog!". The bologna sandwich is a classic. (Sorry, I have bad memories and very strong feelings on this!). It follows along as the popular bunny shows how he outsmarts some of his fans while delivering Easter baskets every year. Just don't be surprised if your kiddos start coming up with their own tricks and traps for him after a few reads. To get the cheese super-melty, place a lid on the pan after you place the cheese on the meat. All kinds of pies and all kinds of gravy!" Pass the potato chips. Lightly and evenly, sprinkle entire mixture with garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder. My husband loves his hot dogs sliced down the middle with a slice of cheese under the broiler. The cypress trees are a sight to behold. When it comes to sandwich condiments, ketchup can be used. Let sit for 5 minutes to let the onions absorb some of the broth and rehydrate. Both my husband and I grew up on fried bologna sandwiches. I dont remember what we put on them but it was probably ketchup. Just a dollop or two of peanut butter in a bowl and squeeze a ton of maple syrup (the buttery fake stuff was best!) The recipe calls for bologna, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and bread. (This will help keep the bologna from curling while its frying.) do you put ketchup on bologna sandwich? :purpleflower: Love, love, love them! But my favorite quick and easy meal is grilled cheese (real cheese) and tomato soup. I grew up in rural Western PA where this was a staple. We liked the way they curled, and called them Mexican hats plenty of mustard, on bread or an egg with cheese on bread. Somehow, he got me to go out with him after that." Eat what you want and die like a man. Okay, who grew up with fried bologna sandwiches? If it were a chocolate spread sandwich then ew. In the summers, my maternal grandma made these for our lunch while she babysat us while my parents were at work. Located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, the landscape features large rock formations covered in moss, leafy ferns and colorful wildflowers. And I love fried bologna sandwiches now, always with mayo, no cheese, ON WHITE BREAD. Put some chips on top of bologna and cheese and top with slice of bread and squish! Yuck. -- Brandy Loughran Mello, "My husband would eat an onion sandwich with mustard and pepper." And yes on whoever mentioned syrup and peanut butter. I put sliced onion and mustard on mine. No cheese. . Bologna and bologna sandwiches themselves have a rich history in the U.S., but the fried bologna sandwich is an inherently Southern creation, one that much of the country prefers over its cold counterpart. Legitimate Lands and Properties do you put ketchup on bologna sandwich? Put mayo and a slice of tomato and onion on there!And it had to be thick sliced garlic bologna. Of course, we also ate pickled eggs and pickled pigs feet, and they were soooooooo good. Truth be told, lots of people use ketchup to kick things up. In this seasonal addition of the popular "Little Blue Truck" series, the Little Blue Truck and his farm friends are ready to celebrate all things Easter and spring. Put one slice of bread on a plate or cutting board. A fried bologna sandwich is not difficult to make. Make the glaze with brown sugar and mustard to give it some zip. Fried bologna sandwiches are nothing if not an homage to the country palate which bears no pride, counts no calories, and uplifts even the lowliest of ingredients to the heights of celestial delight. Browned to perfection and hot out of the frying pan (wheres the drool smiley?). It is critical that the chicken be made with butter or mayonnaise. Rent a cabin at Tishomingo State Park to really maximize your time with nature. The adorable board book features the fun rhymes and colorful illustrations your toddler has come to expect from Little Blue Truck, plus plenty of lift-a-flap surprises too. I grew up with them in NC (though my parents were from upstate SC, so maybe thats where it really came from!) He says that is how they did it for school lunches when he was a kid. now I will not eat a bologna sandwich if it does not have ketchup on it! Use multi-colored toothpicks to serve cocktail wieners. If we were particularly flush, with egg AND cheese was the preferred way! Ever heard that a Bradford pear is more likely to fall down in a storm? I do like them too, but I actually prefer fried hot dogs with ketchup. 4. Thanks to your pictures, Im now going to have to add thick sliced bologna to my shopping list and whip up a fresh batch of your bread to eat it on! Spread onto bread for a standard sandwich, or tuck into a tortilla with lettuce to create a wrap. :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: I have only had it once, but it was too greasy. Im not a fan of bologna now but when I was growing up we had these a lot. I have never seen them listed on a menu here in Maine but my husband and I have them here at home plenty of times. In grade school (WV- 1970s in 1980s) they served us what they called Mexican Hats on the menu. After its brown, add eggs and scramble together! Now I think I need to go to the store and get bologna and fry some up for dinner! I spread both bread slices with mayo and put hot pepper butter between the bologna and the cheese. Let's just hope it doesn't rain or snow, too. -- Dana Foutch, "I've seen my sister eat and enjoy eating gummy bears dipped in steak sauce." It was hot dogs, rice, bell peppers, onions, pineapple chunks, and ketchup." Freshest white bread you can find lightly toasted. Our trained team of editors and researchers validate articles for accuracy and comprehensiveness. (Visit Mississippi). The Definitive Answer. (I also wipe the fat it makes in the frying pan with a paper towel and keep cooking). My all time favorite is creamed chipped beef on toast. Yes, although most deli meats taste good cold it depends on your personal preference. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/24\/Make-a-Bologna-Sandwich-Step-1-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-Bologna-Sandwich-Step-1-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/24\/Make-a-Bologna-Sandwich-Step-1-Version-4.jpg\/aid281953-v4-728px-Make-a-Bologna-Sandwich-Step-1-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"