0000065896 00000 n 1995 Sep;43(3):325-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.1995.tb02039.x. There are plenty of ongoing clinical trials in which different doses of the drugs are being compared. 0000054267 00000 n The overall objective of this initiation is to promote the development of appropriate clinical, research, and quality control efforts involving radioiodine dosimetry to help guide the administered I-131 therapeutic activity for the treatment of differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC). Cancer investigators have been studying the health effects of radiation for decades, including radioactive fallout, making radiation one of the best-understood agents of environmental injury. It means that two patients with the same disease may receive a different amount of the same drug! The radioiodine is rapidly incorporated into the thyroid, and its beta emissions result in extensive local tissue damage. Metso S, Jaatinen P, Huhtala H, Luukkaala T, Oksala H, Salmi J. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). We try our best to make our Omni Calculators as precise and reliable as possible. Patients should be adequately hydrated before and after administration of sodium iodide-I-131 to assure rapid urinary elimination of the iodide that is not absorbed by the thyroid. The most popular route of administration is oral, however, in some medical situations this route is unavailable, ineffective or associated with a high number of adverse reactions. It is safe and effective but requires you to observe certain precautions to decrease the small amount of radiation that other people may receive from your body and bodily fluids. The mean blood area . Do not prepare food for others that requires prolonged handling with bare hands. This difference would result in a more than 2-fold difference in the absorbed thyroid radiation if an administered dose is fixed or based on a formula using a . 1 0 obj in 1962, involves the administration of a maximal safe dose (MSD).The dose-limiting toxicity of I-131 treatment is mainly determined by hematopoietic bone marrow, and the limiting dose (administered activity) was defined in this study to be the dose that delivers 2 Gy (200 rad) to blood (surrogate of bone marrow) or a whole-body . No special cleaning of the washing machine is required between loads. To calculate the estimated radiation dose to other individuals from a patient who has been administered Iodine-131, or Conversion of radiation units. Objective: This gives them the potential to find disease in its earliest stages. Unable to load your collection due to an error, Unable to load your delegates due to an error. Accessibility Incidence has been going up in recent years, in part due to increased detection. Drugs with one fix dosage are the easiest to use; you just take it and forget about it (e.g., vaccines). Among the numerous radioactive substances released in fallout, there has been a great deal of concern about and study of one radioactive form of iodine--called iodine-131, or I-131. There was no significant correlation between dose and age, age at diagnosis, duration of A TD therapy or 3-hour RAIU. When a small dose of I-131 is swallowed, it is absorbed into the bloodstream in the gastrointestinal(GI) tract. At Rajavithi Hospital, the I-131 dose (mean = 14.84 5.71 mCi) is estimated based on the gland weight by palpation and other additional clinical factors. It is this radiation that can injure human tissues. Our dosage calculator can help you with this as well. On This Page Introduction How Americans Were Exposed to I-131 The Search for Answers The feasibility of low-dose oral lithium therapy and its effect on thyroidal radioiodine uptake, retention, and hormonal parameters in various subcategories of hyperthyroid patients: a pilot study. However, these two factors do not fully explain the increases. Read on to learn what the drug dosage calculation formula is and how to use it. A radiologist who has specialized training in nuclear medicine and others, possibly including an endocrinologist, thyroid surgeon, and radiation safety officer, will be part of your treatment team. They also may use it to treat thyroid cancer. 2019 Nov 28;2019:8135671. doi: 10.1155/2019/8135671. The Administering Clinician should perform calculations and complete the form where indicated before the patient is released. This information was put together to educate the American people about the potential health risks from exposure to I-131 from nuclear weapons testing. Researchers suspect that rising rates of obesity are also influencing rates. To help ensure current and accurate information, we do not permit copying but encourage linking to this site. Part 2. 0000073656 00000 n An example of a well known but potentially toxic substance is Tylenol (paracetamol). 0000008659 00000 n Form I-131 10/31/22 . 0000037174 00000 n calculate the dose of I-131 using dosimetry rather than to give empiric doses. Pre-menopausal women should fully discuss the use of I-131 with their doctor. Adequate shielding should be maintained during the life of the product. Sodium iodide-I-131 is not usually used for treatment of hyperthyroidism in patients under 30 years of age. To calculate the decay of the activity for a selected radionuclide, or, To calculate the estimated radiation dose to other individuals from a patient who has been The .gov means its official. <> The study showed a significant correlation between I-131 dose and gland size, r = 0.938 (p < 0.001), and the regression relationship equation was: 1-131 dose = 0.235 gland size, r = 0.938. I-131 post treatment whole body images demonstrate multiple abnormal foci of activities consistent with extensive cervical lymph nodes and pulmonary metastases. The dose of the drug depends on the weight of the patient. Conversion from mg to ml is essential in situations like these! When a small dose of radioactive iodine I-131 (an isotope of iodine that emits radiation) is swallowed, it is absorbed into the bloodstream. 0000034909 00000 n 2 0 obj Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. Most common method for determining amount of sodium iodide-I-131 to give to a hyperthyroid patient is based on the estimate of the 24 hour thyroid uptake and the mass of the gland (mass of gland is determined by palpitation or thyroid imaging. x]Ys8~w^vjB 1mDO}Xbuea"3A%jwD: xW?=}'[iD*rZT5/_y/^J\|\|!R!E$E^m&+>?he1:~XY{5?VutV/sg-~.l\ 0000006862 00000 n 0000054197 00000 n 2012 Oct-Dec;11(4):451-7. doi: 10.14310/horm.2002.1377. The legacy of open-air nuclear weapons testing includes a small but significant increase in thyroid cancer, leukemia, and certain solid tumors. The following guidelines comply with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission: Patients who need to travel immediately after radioactive iodine treatment are advised to carry a letter of explanation from their physician. Much of the information needed to calculate an individual's dose of I-131 and associated risk is either unreliable or unavailable. NRC limits exposure to family, friends, and the public to 5 mSv/yr. 0000053923 00000 n You should not eat or drink after midnight on the day of the procedure. A patient has been given 5 mCi Ga-67 citrate for imaging infection. This function of our dosage calculator is especially useful when giving fluid drugs (e.g., syrup) to children and in hospitals, where many drugs are given to the patient not only orally but intravenously. Therapeutic dose: 3700 to 7400 megabecquerels (100 to 200 millicuries) depending on the extent of metastatic sites. The dosage calculator finds what dose of a medication is appropriate for your weight. The rate of breakdown can occur quickly in some radioactive substances, often within a few days. at the National Cancer Institute, An official website of the United States government, Risk Assessment Macros and Software Programs, Thyroid Dose and Risk Calculator for Nuclear Weapons Fallout for the U.S. Population, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, online calculator to estimate the radiation dose received by the thyroid gland from radionuclides in fallout from nuclear tests. endobj 0000073891 00000 n 5. Conclusion In children, early RAIU can be much lower than late RAIU. Dialysis. In this case, the doctor usually suggests the patient a sample dosage; the patient then modifies it according to his/her needs and the situation (e.g., insulin). Radioactive Iodine I-131 (also called Radioiodine I-131) therapy is a nuclear medicine treatment. The present study provided a practical formula which is simple and practical for use in determining the I-131 dose for the treatment of hyperthyroidism: Dose of I-131 (mCi) = 0.235 x gland size (g). Care should be taken to minimize radiation exposure to the patient and occupational workers. It is thought that risk is higher for people who have had multiple exposures and for people exposed at a younger age. It can be expressed in mg per ml. Jarlv AE, Hegeds L, Kristensen LO, Nygaard B, Hansen JM. 0000003282 00000 n Page 2 of 5. The thyroid is equipped with an active system or "pump" for moving iodine into its cells, where it is concentrated as iodide. Typically, thyroid cancer is slow-growing, highly treatable, and usually curable. The calculated dose method is based on the following formula: 75-200 microcuri/gram of thyroid gland divided by the percentage of radioiodine uptake at 24 hours (24-hour RAIU). 0000067308 00000 n This is a relatively small group of drugs. The PubMed wordmark and PubMed logo are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Clipboard, Search History, and several other advanced features are temporarily unavailable. 0000009529 00000 n You will also find out what the advantages are of adjusting the dose to the patient. The risk of cancer from this therapy is very small. Your radiologist can be more specific for your given situation, but this is usually for two to five days. 3 0 obj It is located in the front of the neck, just above the top of the breastbone and overlying the windpipe. Web page review process: This Web page is reviewed regularly by a physician with expertise in the medical area presented and is further reviewed by committees from the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and the American College of Radiology (ACR), comprising physicians with expertise in several radiologic areas. You will be able to return home following radioactive iodine treatment. Depending on the route of administration, dosage forms come in several different types. This calculator estimates radiation dose and risk of developing thyroid cancer from fallout exposure from nuclear tests. Exposure to I-131 can increase the risk of thyroid cancer. Dose: The easiest way to lookup drug information, identify pills, check interactions and set up your own personal medication records. Most clinicians use a dosage of 55 to 80 microcuries per gram for Graves' disease. 0000004056 00000 n This was a retrospective study of 510 patients with a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism who received initial I-131 treatment at the Department of Nuclear Medicine in Rajavithi Hospital between January 2014 and June 2015. Radioactive iodine (I-131), an isotope of iodine that emits radiation, is used for medical purposes. Assume the most exposed person spends 4 hrs. From what is known about thyroid cancer and radiation, scientists think that people who were children during the period of atomic bomb testing are at higher risk for developing thyroid cancer. In the sixteenth-century Swiss scientist Paracelsus said: "All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. Administered dose = microcurie per gram x mass of thyroid (g) x 100 divided by the 24 hour thyroid uptake (%). Thyroid cancer accounts for a little less than 4 percent of all cancers diagnosed in the United States. The radioactive substances released by these tests are known as "fallout." Discuss the fees associated with your prescribed procedure with your doctor, the medical facility staff and/or your insurance provider to get a better understanding of the possible charges you will incur. Note: we are unable to answer specific questions or offer individual medical advice or opinions. The result will be your total single dose. FOIA <> During the Cold War in the mid-1940s through early 1960s, the U.S. government conducted about 100 nuclear weapons (atomic bomb) tests in the atmosphere at a test site in Nevada, more than 100 in the Pacific, and onethe first everin New Mexico. Report to authorized user. However, you should not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of treatment. 0000032267 00000 n The uptake of radioiodide will be affected by recent intake of stable iodine in any form, or by use of thyroid, antithyroid, and certain other drugs. 0000023129 00000 n Their thyroid glands were still developing during the testing period. Subscribe to Drugs.com newsletters for the latest medication news, new drug approvals, alerts and updates. 2017 Feb;100 Suppl 1:S183-91. Calculations based on the NRC Regulatory Guide 8.39 (revised April 1997) Contemporary scientists are also looking at the issue of drug dosage. 0000000016 00000 n Medical dosage calculations that consider a patient's weight are very common in obese patients and on pediatric wards. Contact IT Development. Patients with infants at home should arrange for care to be provided by another person for the first several days after treatment. <>/OutputIntents[<>] /Metadata 240 0 R/ViewerPreferences 241 0 R>> See also the SNMMI Guideline for General Imaging. The patient sits in the back on the right. Smaller doses are given for cancer remnants in the thyroid bed or cervical lymph nodes and larger doses are given for lung and bone metastases. The third method, which was first introduced by Benua et al. This is because processing and shipping milk allowed more time for the I-131 to break down. The calculated dose method is based on the following formula: 75-200 microcuri/gram of thyroid gland divided by the percentage of radioiodine uptake at 24 hours (24-hour RAIU). I-131 collects in the thyroid gland. Although the radioactivity remains in the thyroid for some time, it is greatly diminished within a few days. For more general information, read Get the Facts About Exposure to I-131 Radiation. Now, divide it by the dose in one tablet. As a result, people living in the United States at the time of the testing were exposed to varying levels of radiation. The dosage of these drugs is usually set by the doctor according to the patient's needs or age (e.g., hypotensive drugs). 0000046418 00000 n Would you like email updates of new search results? RadiologyInfo.org, RSNA and ACR are not responsible for the content contained on the web pages found at these links. Consult WARNINGS section for dosing related precautions. 0000002362 00000 n Moreover, there are more and more scientific data suggesting that individually performed dosage calculations (not only in pediatric patients) improve patient survival when compared with a standard treatment of fixed doses. The T. An ultrasound technologist balks at performing a gallbladder procedure in a patient who has just had a Tc-99m-disofenin ("HIDA") scan. Congress directed government health agencies to investigate the I-131 problem many years ago, and to make recommendations to Americans who might have related health risks. _9A)Ww&mh7`t7(.o9~%tW5F]r^dtlHP#'&`lZ=;Hg66Cm"sausiU/`7`_#Ftd5tRt1DBn`r^6\Hv\RW&S}FXa Type the. 0 The thyroid gland in adults, however, appears to be more resistant to the effects of radiation. TvZ,OVR\T"X1oM#\v%2.!K0}PFN##a"/sHF$+/!!zyG> _~G2y@g8o>yD?^'"pFFEB"h8''`oOaR. Typically, it is a slow-growing cancer that is highly treatable. Usually, a single dose is successful in treating hyperthyroidism. Record-keeping was incomplete at the time of the bomb testing. As you can see, it's worth using drug dosage calculators! HHS Vulnerability Disclosure, Help The mean ablation dose of 131 I based on late RAIU was 9.3 2.0 mCi. For instance, in 2016 a group of scientists from France published an article in the Journal of Clinical Oncology in which they summarized the results of their clinical trial on patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (cancer of large bowel in the IV stage of the disease with metastases). These include heparin, antibiotics, and muscle relaxants. There is no equipment used during radioactive iodine therapy. The group that was treated with an individually adjusted dose of fluorouracil (antimetabolite drug used in the treatment of many cancers, including colon cancer) had a better response to the therapy, a higher survival rate and a lower grade of toxicity, than those treated with standard doses. This site needs JavaScript to work properly. Bethesda, MD 20894, Web Policies Read on to learn what the drug dosage calculation formula is and how to use it. 2023 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W. Markham Street, Slot #617, Little Rock, AR 72205. There appears to be no difference in response in patients with thyroid cancer that has spread outside the neck (metastatic cancer) with either method. I-131 Radiation Exposure from Fallout - NCI Print Email Get the Facts about Exposure to I-131 Radiation Use the Thyroid Dose/Risk Calculator This calculator estimates radiation dose and risk of developing thyroid cancer from fallout exposure from nuclear tests. Estimate the radiation dose to the surgeon, and compare it with common radiation exposure sources. Doctors do not use radioiodine therapy in pregnant patients. 131 . Therefore, although all areas of the United States received fallout from at least one nuclear weapons test, certain areas of North America received more fallout than others. Radioactive I-131 Patient Release Dose Calculator Release of patients administered radioactive materials procedures for calculating doses based on patient specific factors. Hyperthyroidism can be caused by Graves' disease, in which the entire thyroid gland is overactive, or by nodules within the gland which are locally overactive in producing too much thyroid hormone. The clinician has a 500 mL bag of normal ` Quickie Guide for Calculating Safe Dose Range. This is especially critical when administering drugs to children, as a slight mistake in the dose may cause a significant change in the effect of its action. The calculated radioiodine dose would have been, on average, 32% higher (12.3 3.8 mCi; P < .05) had early RAIU been used. Thyroid uptake values should be determined at 6 hours and 24 hours after administration. Most physicians feel that this procedure should not be used in women who are breastfeeding unless they are willing to stop breastfeeding. You should know that the route of administration of a drug dramatically influences its dosage and efficacy. The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the I-131 is the treatment of choice for hyperthyroidism after medical therapy failure, and there are various techniques for determining the optimal dose. However, these results need to be confirmed in much larger studies, since this was a relatively small study. The calculator estimates an individual's risk of developing thyroid cancer from their exposure and provides an estimate of probability of causation, sometimes called assigned share (PC/AS) for individuals who have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. There are two main types of thyroid diseases: Some thyroid diseases are caused by changes in the amount of thyroid hormones that enter the body from the thyroid gland. Bookshelf 2022 Jun 15;12(3):99-105. eCollection 2022. %PDF-1.6 % J Med Assoc Thai. The thyroid is a gland in the neck that produces two hormones. Doctors use it to treat an overactive thyroid, a condition called hyperthyroidism. methimazole, Armour Thyroid, propylthiouracil, NP Thyroid, doxorubicin, glucagon, mannitol, arginine, Lenvima, Adriamycin. But even among people who have documented exposures to I-131, few develop this cancer. 0000027464 00000 n To locate a medical imaging or radiation oncology provider in your community, you can search the ACR-accredited facilities database. A third treatment is very rarely necessary. sharing sensitive information, make sure youre on a federal Radioiodine (sodium I-131) is a form of radiation therapy that has been used for many years to treat thyroid conditions. Most of the radioactive iodine that has not been absorbed leaves the body during the first two days following the treatment, primarily through the urine. Do not directly administer the concentrated sodium iodide I 131 solution provided with I 3 odine MAX TM to patients. A number of reports have been published documenting what they have learned (1997, 1999). 0000005275 00000 n But I-131 traveled to all states, particularly those in the Midwestern, Eastern, and Northeastern United States. The doses are different depending on the concentration of the drug's active compound in the serum (e.g., vitamin K antagonists, lithium, etc.). For very enlarged glands and severely hyperthyroid patients, larger doses of 160 to 200 microcuries per gram are given. They were carried thousands of miles away from the test site by winds. xref The thyroid gland is the only tissue in the body that takes up and holds onto iodine. 0000073823 00000 n The cause of most cases of thyroid cancer is not known. These include cancer, heart disease, gastrointestinal, endocrine, or neurological disorders, and other conditions. Some of the I-131 collected on pastures and on grasses. EANM Dosimetry Committee series on standard operational procedures for internal dosimetry : Dosimetry for 131 I-mIBG treatment of neuroendocrine tumours (2020) EANM practical guidance on uncertainty analysis for molecular radiotherapy absorbed dose calculations (2018) The main cause of hyperthyroidism is diffuse toxic goiter (Graves' disease), and the treatment of choice after medical therapy failure is radioiodine (I-131). 0000045969 00000 n In this case, you also don't have to worry about medical dosage calculations! You should avoid becoming pregnant from six months to one year after treatment. Relationship between body mass index and external exposure in hyperthyroid patients treated with iodine-131. Nuclear medicine exams pinpoint molecular activity. Outside links: For the convenience of our users, RadiologyInfo.org provides links to relevant websites. Radioiodine therapy is a nuclear medicine treatment. Ask your doctor to recommend an over-the-counter pain reliever if this occurs. Your doctor will instruct you on how to prepare, how to take any necessary radiation safety precautions, and when to stop taking anti-thyroid medications. You can always double-check with the dosage calculator. Hyperthyroidism treatment is almost always done on an outpatient basis because the dose required is relatively small. In 2015, the NCI I-131 fallout dose and risk calculator was taken offline to resolve computer software security issues and to implement significant software upgrades designed to improve the capabilities of the calculator. If you have been taking anti-thyroid medications, you must stop at least three days before the therapy is given. The trip takes 2 hours, and there are no potty breaks. Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. MeSH 0000013994 00000 n Are you looking for a healthy dose of antipyretic medication for kids? Fims4't#A Gdi/z?m APm'+ 'G8jv3]SZCpy%!QG2r $1a%;Cv",-Ou&uw5wxgLQ :w8wWpNA)@ir2?*"!zKeoNo%QD@_q)"mf,E/v*D;0?fa_>-MuiNqf0Yp It's easy to imagine that the weight of the body of an adolescent may be 40 times larger than that of a newborn baby, so we hope you can see the need to dose drugs accurately. If you treated her as an outpatient, what is the highest expected radiation dose to someone with whom she shares a household? The radioiodine I-131 is swallowed in a single capsule or liquid dose and is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. In addition, the calculator estimates your risk of developing thyroid cancer from that exposure. Thyroid uptake: 0.185 to 0.555 megabecquerels (5 to 15 microcuries). These tests injected radioactive material into the atmosphere, much of which became widely dispersed before being deposited as fallout. Radioiodide therapy in women of childbearing age should only be performed when appropriate contraceptive measures have been taken or when pregnancy testing is negative. It is concentrated from the blood by the thyroid gland, where it begins destroying the gland's cells. 0000003434 00000 n %%EOF Although the potential of developing thyroid cancer from exposure to I-131 from nuclear weapons testing is small, it is important for Americans who grew up during the atomic bomb testing between 1945 and 1963 to be aware of risks. Doctors use nuclear medicine to diagnose, evaluate, and treat various diseases. Patients may experience pain in the thyroid after therapy like a sore throat. Most radioiodine accidents are in a soluble form and will be rapidly absorbed via inhalation, ingestion, % Depending on the location, grazing cows and goats sometimes consumed contaminated grasses resulting in I-131 collecting in the animals' milk. The concentrated sodium iodide I 131 solution must be diluted and prepared prior to administration [see Dosage and Administration (2.4)]. 284 0 obj <> endobj Additionally, many institutions advocate fixed dose regimens stating that it is not necessary to use dose calculation methods due to the additional time and cost requirement . 0000006313 00000 n 131 I is a -emitting radionuclide with a physical half-life of 8.1 d; a principal -ray of 364 keV; and a principal -particle with a maximum energy of 0.61 MeV, an average energy of 0.192 MeV, and a mean range in tissue of 0.4 mm (1,2).Therapy means the oral administration of 131 I as sodium iodide to treat papillary and . Success Rates and their Related Factors in Patients Receiving Radioiodine (I-131) Treatment for Hyperthyroidism. This page was reviewed on November, 01, 2022. endobj Determination of I-131 Dose: Diffuse Toxic Goiter (Graves Disease) Can use fixed dose between 10-15mCi or try to adjust based on size of gland, presence of nodularity and uptake Goal is to make patient hypothyroid Can be repeated in 3-6 month intervals Orbitopathy may worsen after treatment Toxic Nodular Goiter (Plummer's Disease) Radiation detection devices used at airports and federal buildings may be sensitive to the radiation levels present in patients up to three months following treatment with I-131. The amount of I-131 people absorbed depends on: Age and residence during those years are usually known. If you want to calculate the dose of a medication, you need to use the following equation: The situation gets more complicated if your medicine is in liquid form. As this is quite complex, some centers use fixed doses, such as 5, 10 or 15 mCi because it is simpler. i~mdV 2004 Nov;61(5):641-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2004.02152.x. Read more about this and additional enhancements. Before x]Ysu~/ItS}9$.l+v3m-u4N*7 I RROr@?.}mx4J?/Nnvwif'wjxti=Rms?ES=Aoken+D%v]#E\ Make sure to take a look at our ibuprofen dosage calculator and the paracetamol dosage calculator! 0000067800 00000 n 0000035192 00000 n and transmitted securely. Radiopharmaceuticals should be used only by physicians who are qualified by training and experience in the safe handling of radionuclides. Fresh milk from backyard or farm cows and goats usually contained more I-131 than store-bought milk. The isotope is concentrated by the thyroid gland, where it begins destroying the gland's cells. (obtained within 28 days prior to dosing): Calculate therapeutic dose to deliver 65 cGy total body irradiation. When treating a patient, or just taking a medication by yourself, we always need to wonder what is the exact dose of the drug we choose. This calculator estimates the internal and external radiation dose received by your thyroid gland from radionuclides in fallout from nuclear tests conducted at the Nevada Test Site (NTS) and sites outside of the United States (global fallout). Depending on the stage of pregnancy, I-131 given to the mother may damage the baby's thyroid gland. 0000005718 00000 n Disclaimer. These findings confirmed by subsequent CT images. 0000007878 00000 n Like all radioactive substances, I-131 releases radiation as it breaks down. The "active" in "radioactive" means that unstable substances produced in nuclear reactions break down and change, so that they eventually become stable and no longer release radiation. . administered Iodine-131, or, Calculate the decay of activity of a selected radionuclide, Calculate the estimated radiation dose for people exposed to a patient whos been administered Iodine-131. Therapy Dose Documentation Form in Section E: "I-131 Therapy Calculation & Justification Record for Exposure from the Patient". An official website of the United States government. Maximum daily dose is an important information for a doctor and a patient also. There are essentially no other permanent side effects from the procedure. 0000001836 00000 n The mean duration of ATD therapy was 3.54 4.02 years (min-max, 0.8-40.6 years). III. The predictive role of 24h RAIU with respect to the outcome of low fixed dose radioiodine therapy in patients with diffuse toxic goiter. Launder your linens, towels, and clothes daily at home, separately. Radiopharmaceutical, Dose, & Technique of Administration Radiopharmaceutical: > If part of an I-123 imaging study: The same radiopharmaceutical is used for both studies (The radiopharmaceutical should have minimal amounts of I-124 contamination) (7-9).
Jordan Gerber Jeans, Sunshine Coast Airport Flight Path, Articles I