Illinois High School Track and Field Statistics and Results Track & Field High School United States Illinois View Athletic.net Ad Free Illinois High School 2023 Indoor Track & Field Season: 2023 Indoor Switch to Meet List Teams Top Athletes Top Athletes Lists Illinois Rankings / / 1A Chicago (Harlan) Chicago (Intrinsic Charter-Downtown Campus) More:How Elmwood's rich running history inspired this boys track state title contender. Limestone capped the meet with a sixth-place finish in the 4x400 relay and took eighth statewide as a team in Class 2A. Jayden Ulrich of East Alton-Wood River threw 48.94 meters in the discus, bettering mark of Dixon'sTayla Schwarz who threw 44.39 in 2018. The members of that team were Steve Ibarra, Bill Moran, Mike Clark, and Donald White. Doerr also beat Thomas to win the 100 running an all-time area-best 11.88 seconds. State champ! Johnston is only the second Stark County girls athlete to win a state title afterBrandi Mock, who won four sprint titles for Toulon between 1987 and '89. Williams later in the day. $85. Click here for a complete list of Peoria-area athletes at the girls state finals. Class 3A 10.31, Marcellus Moore, Plainfield (North), 2018 (finals), National 20.13 (MT), Roy Martin, Dallas (Roosevelt), TX, 1985 Class History. Russell also finished second in the shot put with a heave of 17.16 meters, 3 feet beyond his personal best. ", Background: Morton girls sprinter nearly sets all-time Peoria-area mark in race versus boys. 5/4/18 uec championships results. Old Class A records are now part of the Class 1A category; old Class AA records are now part of the Class 3A category. #pjspreps pic.twitter.com/SH8ctq1Ax2, Stark County's Lindley Johnston talks about her state title in the Class 1A high jump and her first experience at state. P.O. Entrants. IHSA 36.53, Deion McShane, Freeport (H.S. 3/22/18 bulldog relays. Headquartered in Bloomington, the IHSA strives to promote academics, sportsmanship, safety, good citizenship and the lifelong values that are the foundation of interscholastic participation. Is it time for a breakthrough? "0 uEDC^}- dgj}$jh rnJh4T!@X ],X_+.]4}I;J u:PWNz-jkV{M Elmwood nearly pulled off a dramatic comeback in the Class 1A 4x800 finals, as anchor Thomas Harmon took the baton in fifth place and 20 meters back, then launched himself to a near shoulder-to-shoulder finish with Rockford Christian anchor Ethan Walsh. "I landed and then the bar fell as I was getting up and they counted that as a miss.". IHSA 13.79, Travis Anderson, Edwardsville (H.S. 4/11/18 scn bhs dual. Track & Field Records Updated: 09/27/17: sp 800 METERS 5A 1:51.33 John Kline Tempe Desert Vista 2008 4A 1:51.46 Steve Ybarra Glendale Cactus 1992 3A 1:53.30 Mark Hochstettler Payson 1989 2A 1:55.29 Eric Dall Scottsdale Christian 2002 1A 2:00.36 Elliot Godzich Phoenix Veritas Prep 2008 . The pole vault mark also was toppled as Tori Thomas of Rock Island cleared 4.07 meters barely edging the mark of 4.06 set by Harrisburg's Lindsey Murray in 2014. ), 2017 (finals) Tremont brought to the state finals plenty of chances to come away with state medals. Class 2A 41.12, Cahokia (H.S.) ), 2015 (prelims) Class 3A 62.7634 m (205-11), AJ Epenesa, Edwardsville (H.S. We have our first Peoria state champ of the year. Surprise Valley Vista senior Trenton Givens will try to pull off a double in the hurdles in Division I. Makayla Hunter of Chandler has tossed it 50-5. NOTE: In the 1973 finals, Craig Virgin of Lebanon recorded a manual time of 8:42.6 in the 2-mile run (18.7 meters longer). 4080 Roselea Place. Class 1A 21.36, David Washington, Melrose Park (Walther Lutheran), 1984 (finals) . Class 1A 7.366 m (24-2), Babatunde Ridley, Carlinville, 1996 (finals) Williams later in the day. Association USATF member organization. These two classes were continued through the 1979 season. Class 3A 36.77, Jon Schweighardt, Wheaton (W. Warrenville South), 1999 (finals), National 39.76, Fort Worth (Wyatt), TX (Milton Wesley, Michael Franklin, Montie Clopton, DeMario Wesley), 1998 When I got the baton my mindset was just 'Go.' IHSA 46.24, Kahmari Montgomery, Plainfield (Central), 2015 (finals) `%pfB\eec?uXNnSvc!jW&uC.QGN=;U#rVHQc kLP ,co|f`8g047@Xu$;gGU-s}+JO'=7LiWU^\SW,Rc2a)}plAAL`]&eL4efVL_ ]K" Jpi%J]Cy)p.D\( 5A - Rocky Mountain. All records from 1932-1979 have been converted from linear to metrics. ), 2018, National 236-6, Mason Finley, Buena Vista, CO, 2009 "This was the best moment of my life. Those field events which were measured in metrics for a few years . Class 2A 57.404 m (188-4), Ryan Njegovan, Sandwich, 2013 (prelims) Lewer took 19th overall, completing her lap in 1 minute, 1.27 seconds. Class 2A 3:17.57, Cahokia (H.S.) Pub. "I'm just glad I ran my best. The top sprinter is Peoria Centennial senior Dominick Brister at 10.58, followed by Mesa senior Khamis Hasan (10.59). A 24" trophy for the winning team was donated by the merchants of Wenona. F,KC+]:"y endobj Limestone also took home medals in the 4x100 (ninth), long jump (Sam Morse in 4th) and 400 (Reece Dusek in 9th). Class 1A 10.47, Lubeech Graves, Cairo, 1990 (finals) IHSA 15.5702 m (51-1), Cameron Ruiz, Lake Villa (Lakes), 2017 (finals) All records from 1932-1979 have been converted from linear to metrics. Tell us your school, and be as specific as you can about the problem. IHSA 20.9296 m (68-8), John Meyer, Lockport (Twp. Peru-St. Bede's Tyreke Fortney took second in the 200 at :22.15. Casteel freshman Nathalie Lewis is right on the edge at 12:02. Will records be broken two years removed from the last state championships? National 7:33.48, Warrington (South Central Bucks South), PA (Jeffrey Dickson, David Manion, Matthew Poiesz, Thomas Mallon), 2009 ), 2016 (prelims) Earlier, Doerr jumpeda season-best and school record 5.67 meters (18-7 1/4 feet) to take third in the Class 2A long jump. It is encouraged to renew your club membership prior to May 1st of each year. Only one female has run faster than 12 seconds this season. 4A - Bishop Kelly. "I'm reallyhappy," Doerr said. The first IESA state track meet for boys was held in Wenona in 1932 with 28 schools attending. Doerr'sthree medals and a fifth-place finish in the 4x800 helped Morton score 32 points and tie for sixth in the team standings with Metamora. Can Carlson break Bernie Montoya's state record in the 800? Bushnell-Prairie City/West Prairie runner Maleigha Huston won the area's first track title, taking the 800-meter run in 2:18.46. IHSA 8:42.89, Donald Sage, Elmhurst (York), 2000 (finals) Class History The first IESA state track meet for boys was held in Wenona in 1932 with 28 schools attending. The Knights relay team included: Mariah Cade,Jessy Tran, Jamilah Richardson andMia Jackson. Montoya ran 1:50.19 in 2013 for Yuma Cibola. "I watched my father battle and do the work to recover, and to have him here was emotional for me, it's pretty exciting to win in front of him.". Illinois State Track Records College NCAA DI Missouri Valley (MVC) Illinois State View Athletic.net Ad Free Switch to Indoor Outdoor Team Records Top 20 Highlighter Year Records per event Record Types Mens Womens Latest Videos LIVE Webcast - All-Atlantic Region T&F Conference Champion. Certain longstanding national records are in manual time (MT). Support local journalism: Subscribe to azcentral.com today. `Wn'JoaMXUTAP?biKM6#("EpeKpi CX"8~o{]{f&|A#5incS/B^T/"XG|KAxv #GG^Gq%x OGi$J|%>gf?jgX"zz~tiV? 5/10/18 sectionals results. To suggest human-interest story ideas and other news, reach Obert at richard.obert . Moline starters: G: Brock Harding (6-1 Sr.), Jasper Ogburn (6-0 Sr.) and Grant Welch (6-4 Sr.). National 3:59.51, Alan Webb, Reston (South Lakes), VA, 2001 IESA does not keep records for regular season contests or games held prior to State Finals. 208-375-7027 %PDF-1.5 Class 1A 46.76, Ryan Shields, Chicago (Leo), 2002 (finals) Class B was based on age, weight, and height from 1932 . Watch Later. Class 3A 1:49.71, Jason Van Swol, New Lenox (Lincoln-Way), 1998 (finals) $185. 2023 State Meet Information; 2023 State Meet Schedule; 2023 Qualifying Standards . From 1932 to 1984 there were two classes of boys' track, Class A (Heavyweights) and Class B (Lightweights). Rylee Lydon of Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge won the 400 title in 56.25 seconds. <> Present classes of 7A, 7AA, 8A, and 8AA boys and girls were begun in 1985. Makayla Long of Perry has thrown a state-record 53 feet, 3 inches. Athletes will test their wills in the heat and against top-flight competition. IHSAA Boys Track & Field. <>>> Jeffrey Leligdon, Brent Pearlman, Richard Sobshinsky, ? Click any of the links below to be taken directly to that information for this association. They start at 4:30 p.m. each of those days with some field events and running events finals on the first days of the meets. Ohio High School Athletic Association. IHSA 20.89, Anthony Moorman, Roselle (Lake Park), 1997 (finals) "But it's state. This is the last time I'm running, so I gotta put it all out there.' Class 1A 7:53.69, Monticello (Andrew Colbert, Keith Butler, Brent Rhodes, Scott Phelps), 2006 (finals) CHARLESTON Wilson Georges left the weight of the world and the rest of the field behind him on the way to a state-record championship run Saturday at the Illinois High School Association boys track and field state finals. Class 2A 7:46.38, Lansing (Illiana Christian) (Kevin Vroegh, Austin Gibson, Nick Fiene, Tony Wondaal), 2014 (finals) Class 2A 2.1717 m (7-1 1/2), Darryl Sullivan, Marion (H.S. State meet records are listed in bold under each event. ), 2016 F: Trey Taylor (6-5 So.) Class 1A 13.93, Phil Sikkenga, Elmhurst (Timothy Christian), 1997 (finals) Carlinville, IL. "We got a monster throw in the discus from Frank Driscoll," Limestone coach Brian Glaza said, "and that was a pleasant surprise, helped us.". National Records from National High School Sports Record Book. Teammate Keagan Newton took fifth in the triple jump at 13.15 meters. Class 1A 1:27.93, Tuscola (Broc Smith, Alex Kemp, Jeff Broch, Chris West), 2012 (prelims) He has the state's fastest times in the 110 hurdles (14.04) and the 300 hurdles (37.58). Those field events which were measured in metrics for a few years have not been reconverted to linear measurement. 2023 www.pjstar.com. Batavia's 1,600-meter relay team of Jonah Fallon, left, Vincie Solano, Andrew Gerke and Jacob Hohmann, right, after their victory in the last race of the the IHSA Class 3A state boys track. Go Storm #UnityExcellencePride #proudsupt pic.twitter.com/m4decIQjy0. National 3:07.40, Hawthorne, CA (Michael Marsh, Michael Graham, Sean Kelly, Henry Thomas), 1985 It was split again in 2021 into the current classes of 7-1A, 7-2A, 7-3A, 7-4A, 8-1A, 8-2A, 8-3A, and 8-4A. "I'm pretty sad my high school career is over," Driscoll said. Class 2A 13.93, Bret Dannis, Peru (St. Bede), 2017 (finals) " Doerr said, "but knowing now how I ran, I think it played out well.". IHSA 1:25.83, Cahokia (H.S.) For more information on clubsincluding how to apply to join or renew your organization or clubclick here. 10.15, James Reese, Mansfield, TX, 1990 Class 1A 9:05.23,Jon Davis, Fithian (Oakwood) (Coop), 2015 (finals) Doerr won the 200, running 24.59 seconds to edgeDominique Thomas of Woodstock Marianby .35. Rockford took it in 8:04.34, while Elmwood crossed in 8:04.53. 12/27/22 - Wrestling Nominations Sought For Male And Female Midway/KHSAA Student-Athlete Of The Year. IHSA Boys Track & Field Event Records Boys Track & Field Event Records Last updated on June 6, 2022. Doerr'stime in the 100 is.04 faster than the previous all-time area mark of 11.92, set in 2006 by Dunlap'sAanise Sajna. All rights reserved. He writes the Cleve In The Eve sports column for pjstar.com. NOTE: In the 1970 finals, Andy Isla-Rubert of Hillside (Proviso West) recorded a manual time of 4:07.1 in the longer mile run (9.3 meters longer). Chicago (Intrinsic Charter-Downtown Campus), Jacksonville (Westfair Christian Academy), Jacksonville (Illinois School for the Deaf), Arlington Heights (Christian Liberty Academy), Bloomington (Cornerstone Christian Academy), Aurora (Illinois Math and Science Academy), Chicago (South Shore International College Prep), Chicago (C. Military Academy-Bronzeville), Olympia Fields (Rich Central) ** DON'T USE **, Richton Park (Rich South) ** DON'T USE **, Richton Park (Southland College Prep Charter), Chicago (British International School of Chicago), Chicago (Instituto Health Science Charter), Chicago (Perspectives/IIT Math & Science), Frankfort (Lincoln-Way North - Closed 2016), Lisle (Chesterton Academy of The Holy Family), Twilight Indoor Chicago presented by Tracksmith, AAU Northern Indoor National Track & Field Invitational, Girls - 1A Moweaqua Central A&M Sectional, Southern Illinois River to River (MS Div), Southern Illinois River to River (OH Div). In the 100, Doerr's sectional time was nearly three-tenthsslower than she had run all season; she felt like the underdog coming into state. Info/Results. Kankakee picks up second state title for school on consecutive weekends Adams did not compete in the Chandler Rotary Invitationals, where the state's top competition went at it. Richwoods senior Skylar Giles finished sixth in the 2A 100 at :10.87. IHSA 40.86, Crete (C.-Monee) (Jamal Safo, Victor Cameron, Kavon Jones, Ricky Johnson, 2019 (prelims) 3/8/18 fast n' quick results. IHSA concussion and PED test completed. IHSA 62.7634 m (205-11), AJ Epenesa, Edwardsville (H.S. Class 3A 20.9296m (68-8), John Meyer, Lockport (Twp. More:Peoria-area boys track and field athletes with the best shot at an IHSA state title, "We're happy with the finish, wish it could have been higher, of course," Glaza said. A note to readers: the IHSAA has attempted to list every person -- individual or relay event -- who has ever won a state championship since the inception of the state tournament series. Before this year, the state record was 47-7, set by Chandler's Ky Westbrook in 2013. My mindsetwas to try and get first and stay with the girl in front of me. History for Illinois IHSA Outdoor State Championships. ge4C3ca-=}S,q37cB u-JU9rLlv{nyrl"k FEE s%`Xu(j"Uw6`a:Xa?7& X*DQj+76m&HI:Ip7tiyt` ,)`B0Ya43yB)d\N %0c]Gl-p%VvA 4/27/18 girls kane county results 4/19/18 carlson-anderson results. Maleigha Huston of Bushnell-Prairie City/West Prairie wins the 800 in 2:18.46. FI:e0P^PIw[BTa8&5 P'JZdj}sA!}SW'Y-Rx*! JYm7oyzV2?u-Nr{S-~~}bZJx/_lfKv[U$:jgawEYyQgm}C;]d[6z1q,[u!|>~6>naUVu,NZZ-E/'KQ-J5?\zdw(..Eb"o\z_k$5X[UK-o^m)k=3e'OtH'^M?^u(E=!QHfMP;y.x&#y%3e&v^HB.io%Aux>/rq)Z^`jj||d2D.DCf0\;DAbxdX'%dh0i_[UFj}EOWU^wE';g^J_Y)'~sNrkV3TROB7zZdV$'k[o]#-Q-,LaJ]X5L(CvmM& #w;fg|q>}0akoI(qA_dz`[wW`~ qR(R@^}2g*~["{UNFh:6{,. All rights reserved. "The adrenaline going in, and being at state and hearing everyone," Doerr said, "having that mindset, like 'This is it. "I was prepared. Class 2A 47.31, Garret Payne, Glen Ellyn (Glenbard South), 2011 (finals) History. Princeton junior Teegan Davis won the Class 2A state title in high jump with an effort of 1.99 meters. Mar 30, 2023 2:30 PM PDT. Williams later in the day added a state championship in the 100-meter dash, winning in 12.1 seconds. ), 2010 (finals) Most helpful would any error information listed as part of the error page. More:IHSA State Boys Track and Field Championship results. Box 10771 Address: 199 E 7200 S Midvale, UT 84047 . National USATF organization. 2023 NFHS Network LLC NFHS Network is part of the CBS Sports Digital Network. BOYS STATE CHAMPIONS. Class 3A 8:42.89, Donald Sage, Elmhurst (York), 2000 (finals) NOTE: In the 1977 finals, Dave Ayoub of Peoria (H.S.) #pjspreps pic.twitter.com/imwW0tbEbe. ", Cambria Geyer of Tremont lowered her own school record to 15.91 seconds with her third in the 100 hurdles. That was great competition. Class 3A 46.24, Kahmari Montgomery, Plainfield (Central), 2015 (finals). Tell us your school, and be as specific as you can about the problem. That erased the record of 4:13.26 set last season by Herscher runner Drew Rogers. Follow him on Twitter @azc_obert. "We weren't expected to. "You do what you do and get done what you need to get done," she said. All running records previous to 1994 for present classes have been converted to Fully Automatic Timing (FAT) by adding.24 to the time. "You don't need to make up the distance all at once. A 24" trophy for the winning team was donated by the merchants of Wenona. NOTE: In the 1975 finals, East St. Louis (Sr.) recorded a manual time of 1:25.7 in the 1/2-mile relay (4.7 meters longer). and Owen Freeman (6-10 Sr.). The temperature at O'Brien Stadium is hovering in the mid-80s with the sun shining. Those field events which were measured in metrics for a few years have not been reconverted to linear measurement. #pjspreps pic.twitter.com/dibSSe6Duz. The girls' track program, initiated in 1972 at the regional level, moved to state finals in 1974 in two divisions: Class A for grades five through eight and Class B for grades five and six only. 3/3/18 girls heimsath invite results. "You never change anything down here. Present classes of 7-1A, 7-2A, 7-3A, 7-4A, 8-1A, 8-2A, 8-3A, and 8-4A boys and girls were begun in 2021. Any other listing is unofficial for high school track and field and should be so recognized by those interested in the sport. A 24" trophy for the winning team was donated by the merchants of Wenona. Princeton's Keegan Fogarty was ninth in the 200 at :26.83. 0:33. Here is alook at the time schedule for the Class 2A finals on Friday. ), 2018 (finals) Class 2A 10.53, Josh Eiker, Galesurg (H.S. The girls shot put has been nothing short of spectacular this year with two Makaylas both throwing over 50 feet. There werethree otherarea medalists in the event:Bridget Brokaw of United (4th),Kennady Anderson of Wethersfield (6th) and Krista Koke of Havana (9th). IESA Track & Field 2023 Boys & Girls Track and Field STATE SERIES DOCUMENTS & LINKS IESA FANZONE 2023 Track State Meet Track & Field Calendar Participating Schools: Boys | Girls - Class Split State Final Location Info Qualifying Standards & Starting Height for HJ & PV Order of Events - Regular Season & Sectional State Meet Time Schedule She came into the event as the top seed, but still beat her seed distance. Tuscola's Alyssa Williams cleared 5.57 meters to win the Class 1A long jump title the first state track and field championship handed out by the IHSA since 2019. Morton senior Lauren Doerr pulled the sprint double, winning both the 100- and 200-meter races at the Class 2A state finals. 2/24/18 girls . ATG = All-Time Girls; ATB = All-Time Boys. Eureka took eighth in the 4x400 relay. 2 0 obj Class 1A 3:19.95, Rochester (Alex Alvey, Zack Barnett, Sean Ryan, Brett Eandi), 2010 (finals) Lindlley Johnston of Stark County officially wins the 1A state high jump at 1.63 meters or 5 foot 4 1/4. It wasn't close, as Georges ate up the track, widening his lead on Rogers and the field more with each lap as he passed the grandstand. All the work pays off, especially with all the support of my family and coaches.". IHSA Boys State Track & Field Championships 2022 . National 7-6, Vernon Turner, Yukon, OK, 2017 View More . Ballard, Harrison Millar, Herb Patton, Jim Endsley, Mark Heise, Paul Spencer, Tony Vavroch. All records from 1932-1979 have been converted from linear to metrics. In his last chance to win an elusivestate championship, the Limestone senior won the 1600-meter run4 minutes, 8.58 seconds at Eastern Illinois University. From 1980 through 1984, the Girls classes were changed to correspond with those of the boys based on age and height factors. ". Gracie Jessup of Catlin Salt Fork won the title in 14.81. Chicago Latin scored 69 to win the team title; Geneseo was second with 60; and Aurora Rosary third with 46. 10.15, Brendan Christian, Austin (Reagan), TX, 2002 ), 2018 (finals), National 26-4 3/4, James Stallworth, Tulare, CA, 1989 #pjspreps pic.twitter.com/rdydXhV1Ab. Boys Track & Field Records Menu State Meet Information Chronology Team Champions and Runners-Up Team Standings, by Year Individual Champions ( Track Events, Relays, Field Events, Other Events ) Individual Medalists, by Year ( 1893-1909, 1910-19, 1920-29, 1930-39, 1940-49, 1950-59, 1960-69, 5zW{k#y$7XK*z*$r,`8%H`9Kprlfqs+yc]`wSEKbkpB_XkW]:Y+Ga~H#5?n}BPr0!R|n Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program. IHSA 7.62635 m (25-0 1/4), Ja'Mari Ward, Cahokia (H.S. Long and Hunter are the top two discus throwers in the state, as well, with Long throwing 163-2 and Hunter 150-0. Old Class A records are now part of the Class 1A category; old Class AA records are now part of the Class 3A category. The girls team is ready to add to its state track and field dynasty. Huston later added a sixth-place finish in the 1600, completing the race in 5:28.03 to earn her fifth career state medal. arizona.usatf.org/, Join our team. Doerr also is the first area runner to pull the sprint double in the bigger classes. It was the first girls track and field trophy for Winnebago and the second for third-place Catlin Salt Fork, which scored 47.6.
Grant High School Basketball Coach, Articles I