In fact, this is one of the only weights Roy Jones was said to have lifted in his prime. In the end, no training that works your body is bad training, dont be afraid to try things out. Today in Fit History: George Foreman Becomes Oldes David Morin Talks Workouts, Being in a Coma, and More, What You Need to Know About Heart Rate Variability, Boxing Star Lawrence Okolie Knows How to Stay 'Ferocious'. Ken Norton only ate two fatty meals a day with 12 hours between each meal? I became heavyweight champ of the world, and it was strictly taboo. Q: Well, you grew up watching your dad so youve always known how much it takes. If we compare the modern-day fighters to the past greats, we can see that new strength and conditioning programs dont exactly make a difference. Like most things boxing training, its also great for mental training. 512, 10, 8, 5, 3 **Complete these using Traditional Pyramid Training which you can learn more about here. So you will do your next set at these marks: Its okay to take breaks of 2-3 minutes between exercises, just not during. Outside of creating that density, it will also aid your core in more ways than one. The Norton bout was a tough bruising battle for Ali. At the end of the last round, the commentator announced he would be "very surprised" if Norton has not won the fight. Do this for 3 rounds, preferably with another exercise in between, rather than just resting. Then do something else and finish off with this sometime later. Me too, although not as much anymore--not after interviewing football player Ken Norton Jr. Before becoming a full-time executive coach to technology leaders, I spent more than fourteen years at Google, where I led product initiatives for Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Mobile Maps, and GV (formerly Google Ventures). [19] Norton won a 12-round split decision over Ali in his adopted hometown of San Diego to win the NABF heavyweight title. The treadmill is still pound for pound the best piece of equipment that Ive ever invested in. The strength and conditioning that you do should be focused on outlasting your opponent, and being mentally ready to take on the abuse you get in the ring. Cooney the former heavyweight contender, is the founder of the non . A: Wednesday, and Ill break it down to the upper body with weights and, again, running sprints. Focus on tightening your back and glutes when you lift and make sure to engage more than just your chest to get the weight up. It was the best of times and the worst of times, this world championship fight between George Foreman and Ken Norton in Caracas, Venezuela. After breaking his body down on Sunday, Norton, 31, starts building it up again first thing Monday, something he learned from his dad, former heavyweight champ Ken Norton Sr. RM2D3HX1D - (L to R) Former boxing champions Ken Norton, Jake Lamotta, Larry Holmes, Joe Frazier, Gerry Cooney, and Micky Ward pose for photographers at a fundraiser for the F.I.S.T. [33] However, not satisfied with the way he had gone out, Norton returned to the ring to face the undefeated Randall "Tex" Cobb in Cobb's home state of Texas on November 7, 1980. From Ali's point of view, a loss here would have seriously dented his claim of ever being "The Greatest." The book is a priceless and educative trip back in time. By his last professional fight on May 11, 1981, Norton's boxing record stood at 42-7-1 (33 KO wins, 4 KO losses). Ken Kaneki Workout Routine: Ghoul-Like Strength and Endurance A Warm Up: 10 Min Walk Workout: Tri Set One: A. Kettlebell Swings 315 B. He's on his way down to 128 here: The WBO cruiserweight champ is training for his March title defense. This is good to work with our calf conditioning. Calisthenics is a perfect strength training program for boxers and my personal favorite. I started with pushups first, then added pull-ups, and would do it every day. Workouts per week: 5 workouts per week; Average workout duration: 60 - 90 minutes per workout; Equipment needed: Full gym; Goal . And there was Ken Norton. Pendlay Rows: 3 sets of 3-5 reps. Squats work your 70% of your body, and your legs, which is one of the main driving forces of your punching power. After starring in the 1976 sequel Drum Norton went on to play bit parts in a dozen other productions.[40]. For his son and American football coach and former player, see. If you want to start turning your body into a weapon this workout is the very first step . Swimming is one of the best exercises a boxer can do. Go down to do a pushup, and then on the way up stop midway. The shoulder press is also one of the best exercises for explosiveness. In 1977 he married Jacqueline 'Jackie' Halton, who also had a son, Brandon, from a previous marriage. The close scoring and decision favoring Ali were both controversial. I was going to fight Muhammad Ali. How are you going to fight these guys who are crazy, tough and don't give a shit? A: I like to go to the movies, maybe read a good book, spend time with the kids [he and wife Angela have three children] or maybe go talk to an elementary school or a junior high school--just get away from any type of sweating. [49] He was 70 years old and had suffered a series of strokes in later years. Copyright 2023 JW Media, LLC, parent company of Muscle & Fitness. It is information upon information about how to train properly and effectively if you believe in the concept of basics first training. boxing writers suggested that his preparation was too intense and that perhaps he had overtrained. [citation needed]. (Ali's only previous loss was to Frazier, and Ali would later go on to defeat George Foreman to regain the heavyweight title in 1974. Ali had a break that was an inch and a half long, and you keep getting hit as hard and as much as I hit Ali, the pain would take over and you would pass out. This is another exercise you want to make sure you learn to do properly from the best lifters out there. By comparison, most conventional boxers have elbows in at the torso with forearms vertically parallel to each another, the gloves being both near sides of the face and driving off their rear foot to deliver power punches. Brawn and Beyond Brawn are the most honest books on the subject you will find. Hed wake up early in the morning and go do his work and come back sweating, and I didnt realize at the time but it was conditioning me--oh, its morning time, Dads running, its time to go out and work. Shavers took the former champion out in the first round. Norton built up a steady string of wins, some against journeyman fighters and others over fringe contenders like the giant Jack O'Halloran. Ken Norton poses with Joe Frazier . Warm Up: Jump Rope. These heavyweights today don't want to fight. Research Shows That Most Heart Disease Deaths Are Preventable By Changin Is Weight Loss With the New Injectable Meds Sustained? And I almost didn't make it. Well be focused on doing a lot of the classic calisthenics workouts. Day 7: Rest. All of his workouts for strength training revolved around high rep calisthenics in multiple sessions throughout the day. The fix to this is always to experiment and see what works for you. Boxing is a lonely sport. Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training, or PHAT, is a complete training program designed by Dr. Layne Norton to increase both muscular strength and hypertrophy by combining powerlifting and bodybuilding principles. Here is some example of a structure but you can do it as you please. [21] Since their last meeting Ali had regained the world heavyweight championship title with an eighth-round knockout of George Foreman in 1974. This workout is exactly what it sounds like because it is very intense and the only thing you will be punishing is your body. Some of my favorite exercises for boxers are those that are not really considered exercise by most people. You can even do them when you rise in the morning before you start your day or late at night before bed. Hitting Ali in the body or on the arms was like hitting a piece of cement. Ken Norton RARE Training In Prime Rainy Day Boxing 297K subscribers Subscribe 2.4K Share 101K views 1 year ago Rainy Day Boxing brings you a motivational tribute with rare training highlights. Granted, I was 17 and had no responsibilities! We had to walk everywhere. With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days. Weighted Dips 310 C. Curl to Press w/ Dumbbells 310 Blowout: A. Burpees 310 B. Weighted Pull-Ups: 2 sets of 6-10 reps. You gotta do what your body can handle. Layne Norton's PHAT- This is a very popular program. Repeat 3-5 times for that circuit (depending on how many reps you can do). Im crazy about peppers. Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by YukisHeart, Feb 15, 2011. Well divide these up into circuit one and circuit two. Question: Lets say its Monday, the day after the game. This is one of the main factors of success that Holyfield attributed to having been one of the few boxers who have been able to lift weights without losing speed, power, or endurance. Many others lauded his overhand right. [21] Norton weighed in at 206lbs (5 pounds lighter than his first match with Ali) and some[who?] I have a treadmill, stationary bicycles, punching bags, all kinds of weightlifting equipment. Even during his time in prison, his workouts revolved around calisthenics and shadowboxing. Take note of these pro tips from a five-division champion. These days, Im not running on it. [4][5][6] Following the National AAU finals in 1967, he turned professional. Ken Norton training considered of calisthenics, old school training. 512, 10, 8, 5, 3. Privacy policy. So if youre lacking in the punching power department, working your legs will be a good option to help increase it if youve done everything you could for your form. During the ABC broadcast of the fight, broadcaster (and Ali confidant and friend) Howard Cosell repeatedly told viewers a dancing and jabbing Ali was dominating the action despite Norton's constant offense and Ali's inability to penetrate Norton's awkward crab-like cross-armed defensive style. In both of those instances, Norton found ways to right the ship. He was best when advancing, unconventionally dragging or sliding his right foot behind him, relying on immense upper body strength to deliver his heavy blows. During that time, we had a replacement fill in coach come in who was an ex-navy seal. underscoring Norton's difficulty with hard hitters such as Foreman, Shavers and later Cooney. So my endorsement does not come lightly., BEYOND BRAWN is an encyclopedia of information, detail upon detail, of all of the subtopics related to weight training. Pay attention to your body after the first day of swimming. For Latin internal revenue officials, room clerks, pickpockets and Foreman, it was the best of times. [34], The win over the title-contending Cobb gave Norton another shot at a potential title-fight, and on May 11, 1981, at Madison Square Garden he stepped into the ring with top contender Gerry Cooney, who, like Cobb, was undefeated entering the fight. Norton was a 1989 inductee of the World Boxing Hall of Fame, a 1992 inductee of the International Boxing Hall of Fame,[36] a 2004 inductee into the United States Marine Corps Sports Hall of Fame,[4] and a 2008 inductee into the World Boxing Council Hall of Fame. Nobodys going to hurt you. You want to be warm before your lifts, but not too loose in the muscles as a lot of them have to stay tight for successful lifts. Your information has been successfully processed! Still, the physical difference between the two men couldn't have been more striking; Fitzsimmons, owning the physique that defied all traditional concepts of the athletic form, against Jeffries, whose anatomy conveyed the appearance of a classical Greek statue come to life. The recommended set of reps below is only a recommendation, you can do more or less as you see fit based on your capabilities. Warning aside, this is a great exercise to work on explosiveness. Norton was in superb shape going into the second fight while Ali took to training at his training camp in Deer Lake, Pennsylvania, where he "sought to whip his once Adonis-like physique back into shape." [10] As the fight began, both Ali and Norton appeared in shape and energetic. Norton was married three times and had four children. Now what? Stretching too much beforehand can lead to injury. In time, he became the best boxer to ever fight for the Corps and was awarded the North Carolina AAU Golden Gloves, International AAU, and Pan American titles. I try to get away from football, just get away from the working-out situation. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, Sam Farmers crystal ball: NFL mock draft 2023 version 1.0, UCLAs freshmen living up to the hype, carry Bruins into Pac-12 title game, For LAFC founding owner Peter Guber, MLS Cup journey carries special significance, Desperate mountain residents trapped by snow beg for help; We are coming, sheriff says, Newsom, IRS give Californians until October to file tax returns, Californias snowpack is approaching an all-time record, with more on the way, UCLAs senior trio has persevered in restoring the Bruins to national prominence, Surging Crespi receives another strong performance from sophomore Diego Velazquez, High school baseball and softball: Fridays scores, With Marcus Morris sidelined, Clippers look to stabilize lineup and rotations, With their playoff lives at stake, Darvin Ham challenges Lakers effort and urgency, Look up: The 32 most spectacular ceilings in Los Angeles, Winter storms ease drought conditions in California, report shows, 19 cafes that make L.A. a world-class coffee destination, This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat just not about Trader Joes orchids, Best coffee city in the world? Prior to his first marriage, he had a son named Keith. To avoid getting tight and getting too bulky, stretch AFTER each session. Weighted Chin-Ups - 3 sets x 8-10 reps. Whats people lookup in this blog: Layne Norton Workout Routine; Layne Norton Training Routine; Ken Norton Workout Routine; Best Upper Body Weekly Workout Routine Best Late Bloomers in Sports, 4. ORIGINAL LAYOUT. Finally I met this researcher from Stanford. Norton continued making TV, radio and public speaking appearances until suffering injuries in a near-fatal car accident in 1986 which left him with slow and slurred speech.[41][42][43]. SPARK Talks are S hort, P rovocative, A ction-oriented, R ealistic, and K nowledgeable videos of leaders in suicide prevention. [22], At the time of the bout the last time a heavyweight champion had lost the title by decision was Max Baer to Jimmy Braddock 41years earlier. My advice for staying young? This is a very challenging workout and it will test your mental and well as physical strength. Years later, Holmes wrote that the bout was his toughest fight of all his seventy-five contests. Norton died in Arizona, where he had been living since. However, if you dont have a place to chop wood, and understandably so, then hitting the tire with a hammer will have to do. Once your timer starts you get down to do your first set and try to get as close to max as possible, then stop and look at the timer. Joe Frazier, who'd sparred with Norton and defeated Ali presciently said of Ali, "He'll have plenty of trouble!" stimulating and unique content, and this deserves my support' Diego Aguirre, Friend of Lumpen (However, Ali's camp told The Ring they did not want to fight Norton for a fourth time.) That began an 8-week strength and conditioning program that revolved around running, doing stairs, pushing trucks, and most of all strict calisthenics workout with no cheat reps. By the end of the 8 weeks, I was surprised to see that despite missing most of my boxing work (I would cheat and sneak some in at home) I was faster and stronger than ever. So when I got back to the U.S., Spinks however, chose to face Ali in his first title defence, instead of facing Norton. Then, Tuesday is complete rest. I think a lot of people who arent in football think we just show up on Sunday. However, you will do these in a circuit each time. They warned me against weight lifting as they didnt want me to bulk up or slow down, but I was ready to start getting stronger as I was facing older kids in our gym to gym matches. "[15], 'Name' opponents were elusive in Norton's early career. Sure, there are those who might benefit from a high volume, high frequency routine for a limited period of time everything works for a while. Start hypertrophy training by doing some explosive speed work (6-8 sets of 3 reps) with 65-70% of your 3-5 rep max with the heavy power exercise that you used earlier in power days. These are natural movements that many people who do manual labor do every day. Ken Norton, Larry Holmes boxing at Caesars Palace, June 9, 1978. In context, Affleck weighed in at 198 pounds for The Town, and for Batman V. Superman, he went all the way to 231 at 7.7 percent body fat, which they ended up "dialing back" to 225. [citation needed], On September 28, 1976, Norton fought his third and final bout against Ali at Yankee Stadium in New York City. [4][26], In his first defense of the WBC title on June 9, 1978, Norton and new number one contender Larry Holmes met in a brutal 15-round fight. I started running about a mile and a half and worked up to regularly running 10-15 miles on the opposing days. LeDoux rallied from that point and Norton became decidedly fatigued. The more muscle you have, the more oxygen they will need and will gas you out quicker in a fight. I personally dont recommend anyone lift weights as it is not necessarily for boxing, but if you must, here are the exercises to do. Ken Norton only ate two fatty meals a day with 12 hours between each meal? There used to be a video of him on youtube, maybe 2 hours long just training. The food part's. Developed by Dr. Layne Norton, the PHAT workout routine blends power and hypertrophy work, making it ideal for bodybuilders looking to gain size and lifters that want to look aesthetic without being weak. Even during his time in prison, his workouts revolved around calisthenics and shadowboxing. "[12] Norton also took a complete course by Hill on gaining wealth and peace of mind. It involves lifting 5 days per week, two days focused on power with upper body and lower body, and 3 days focusing on hypertrophy with chest+arms, back+shoulders, and legs. If youre just training for yourself then for sure. For me personally, isometrics were introduced by Bruce Lee. So I had to be stronger. When Im sweating its like, OK, life is good. Do this multiple times throughout your boxing workout. It was filmed on April 22, 2000. [citation needed], In 1977, Norton knocked out previously unbeaten top prospect Duane Bobick in one round, then dispatched European title holder Lorenzo Zanon in a 'tune-up' fight. He married Jeannette Henderson in 1966 while still in the Marines. Ken Norton started boxing in the Marines and caught his big break when he defeated Muhammad Ali in 1973. The interview asked something along the lines of him looking like a bodybuilder and Mike Tyson said weight lifting has a smooch to do with boxing as cheesecake. Im personally a big believer in that. A: Right, psychologically it just comes naturally for me. During his competition years, Norton tracked his macros. Jumping rope, heavybag, speedbag, several rounds each, but one strict rule was adhered to: three minutes work, one minute rest, for all of it. Ken Norton Record & Stats. They keep you fit. Its there for me, and I couldnt live without it, but Im telling you, vegetables, they repair your stomach. I never want to go back in years. Let your coach put the car in neutral and push that car down the road for as long as you can. In the 60s and 70s, I didnt touch weights. The manliest of manly exercises, and theres a reason for this. The PHAT Workout from Dr. Layne Norton is a comprehensive hybrid workout that combines the best principles from bodybuilding and powerlifting. Kenshiro Workout Routine: Fist of The North Star Push Day. He died on 18 September 2013 in Henderson, Nevada, USA. Go down for a squat and stop when your hamstrings are parallel to the floor. Calisthenics is the best mental training because it is the most treacherous, repetitive work that you can do. Workout Routines Gain Super Bowl Speed with These Sprint Drills. [32], After the fight, Norton decided that at 37 it was time to retire from boxing. Coach Isaac Hadac will help your 40 time, even if you're just running to the fridge. He also said, "In boxing, and in all of life, nobody should ever stop learning! Day 3: Rest. Appreciate the comment! He was an actor, known for Dirty Work (1998), Mandingo (1975) and Drum (1976). Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, U.S. WBC heavyweight title eliminator; Norton awarded title four months later. Norton continued to take shots from Cooney in his corner for nearly a full minute before Tony Perez stepped in to stop the fight fifty-four seconds into the first round, as Norton was slumped in his corner, leaving Cooney the victor by first-round technical knockout. Both boxers fought a smart fight, with Norton using a heavy body attack whilst Young moved well and countered. Heavy Leg Training is Critical - Heavy squats are a must to build a truly strong, healthy physique. [citation needed], After losing to Holmes, Norton won his next fight by knockout over sixth-ranked Randy Stephens in 1978[29] before taking on legendary puncher Earnie Shavers in another compulsory WBC title eliminator fight in Las Vegas on March 23, 1979. This is the one workout there arent really any bodyweight movements that can replace it. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), George Foreman Talks Training and Comebacks, Healthy (and Tasty) Tips for Your Super Bowl Party, 4 Proteins You Should be Eating, But Probably Arent. Plus, the physical development potential is quite high - before Evander Holyfield had to bulk up to move out of the Cruiserweight class, you couldn't find a single world-class boxer who seriously worked out with weghts. Norton was given the motivational book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill,[7][8][9] which he said "changed my life dramatically. Fridays a real crisp day. Norton was down two times in the final round, resulting in the draw; Norton fell behind on one scorecard, kept his lead on the second, and dropped to even on the third (the unofficial AP scorecard was 532 Norton). Norton decided to retire following the match and turned his attention to charitable pursuits.[35]. Challenger Ken Norton, left, and heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali trade punches to the face in the late rounds of their title fight in Yankee Stadium on Sept. 28, 1976. Ken Norton. For honour, for glory, for revenge but above all else, for yourself. Note: Usually Ken will do the Olympic lifts on Saturday and go for a total.He usually went heavy. Rest for a bit, then do it again until you feel like collapsing. [50] Across the boxing world tributes were paid, with Foreman calling him "the fairest of them all" and Holmes saying that he "will be incredibly missed in the boxing world and by many". Very early in the fight Norton was buckled by Cooney's punches. Along the way, Norton never ceased an . We were filming Better Late Than Never in China a couple of years ago. We cant possibly fit all of them into one workout, so it will be up to your discretion to try and tweak these as you see fit. Then you go four or five hours in the classroom conditioning the mind, understanding our schemes and their schemes, and then back on the field for two hours going through what we did in the classroom and about five sprints. SO, sorry for the long comment, but your writing resonates with me greatly and I appreciate it! Ken Norton Sr., the man who broke Muhammad Ali's jaw, would have turned 74. My first two years of boxing didnt include much if any strength training. The front squat is a good exercise as well because it can engage in your core much more than most weight lifting exercises. Norton died at a care facility in Las Vegas on September 18, 2013. The former heavyweight champion of the world died four years ago in Henderson at age 70. My sparring partners told me how much harder I was hitting. Too many trainers have succumbed to the more is better propaganda that typifies so much of our culture today. Except you will do these 10 times each and call it a day. If you keep the weight light and use good form, this should be a relatively low-risk exercise for you but you absolutely have to get a good form on it. You dont want muscle s gains, you want strength gains. The base structure of the routine involves setting the priority exercises using compound movements. So when I got back to the U.S., I started doing everything I could to find a comfortable shoe. There are other fighters like Roy Jones, Ali, and Pacqiou, and more that do not lift weights. Make sure to experiment with many different ways of doing things and see how your boxing responds to it. Make sure to stretch after every weight lifting session. Disclaimer. I just want to move forward. It gives you a density that will hurt when youre on the other end of it. Take it as you will, but that shit is improbable. If youre any weight thats not heavyweight, you want to stay as lean as possible unless youre trying to jump weight classes. Thank you for signing up. It will also give you an overall strength. One of the best ways to make sure you dont get injured is to put the weight on a little bit of platform so youre not lifting all the way from the ground. Ken Norton RARE Training In Prime Rainy Day Boxing 82K views 9 months ago Gideon's Army YouTube Movies 2014 Documentary Free with Ads Strength and Power Training for Boxing | Ft. Josh. It takes time away from more efficient ways of strength training. If youre weight lifting like a lifter, it will 100% make you stiffer, slow you down, and destroy your mobility and agility in the ring. There is extra resistance in having to pull the ax out of the wood, and an extra bit of resistance to get it into the wood rather than have it bounce off for you. The guard was also used by boxers Archie Moore and Tim Witherspoon, as well as by Frazier in parts of his third fight with Muhammad Ali and Foreman during his famous comeback years. Holmes went on to become the third-longest reigning world heavyweight champion in the history of boxing, behind Joe Louis and Wladimir Klitschko. After graduating from high school, Norton went to Northeast Missouri State University (now Truman State University) on a football scholarship and studied elementary education. NAMI NH developed the Connect Suicide Postvention Training which is included in the Suicide Prevention Resource Center Best Practices Registry. Tuesday and Friday was Abs, Shoulders and Arms. Personally, if youre going to do this one, in particular, I recommend separating it from your boxing workout all together.. 1 Contender Norton only boxer behaving like a champion, "The judges' cards for Holmes vs. Norton", A Lesson in Manliness From the Ex-Marine: Ken Norton, "Ken Norton: Now He's Fighting For Children", "KENNETH HOWARD NORTON California Sports Hall of Fame 2011 Inductee", "Ken Norton Is Now Fighting Back: Former Champ Is Learning to Talk Again After 1986 Car Accident", Ken Norton Jr. helps father overcome crippling injuries, "Ken Norton Sr. dies at 70; former heavyweight boxing champion", "Obituary for Kenneth Howard Norton Sr. at Buchanan & Cody Funeral Home, Jacksonville Chapel", "Ken Norton: Two-Time Father of the Year", "Ken Norton, heavyweight boxing legend, dies at 70", "Ken Norton was a colossal figure in heavyweight boxing's greatest era", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ken_Norton&oldid=1137896102, This page was last edited on 7 February 2023, at 00:04. Ken Norton: 1943-2013. Bob Riha, Jr./Getty Images Father and son went from a one-bedroom apartment in San Diego to . I then dabbled with powerlifting and got really strong but I was never as lean as I was when I did high rep, high volume calisthenics. This can be done with a trap bar, or grabbing fairly heavy dumbbells in each hand, leaving them at your side, and simply walking forward for a set distance. All rights reserved. It works a lot of the same muscles boxing does and is perfect to teach you how to operate when youre tired in a fight. My day goes from 7:30 to about 5. He shortly went down a further two times in quick succession, with the referee intervening and stopping the fight. I was still a pre-teen and my coaches didnt feel the need to put me through the wringer outside of some pushups and situps. Ken Waller's Leg, Chest and Back Workout. Norton retired from boxing in 1981, and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1992. Read article. Low and behold my legs grew more in 4 months than they had in the previous 4 years. In the early days, like when I was preparing to fight Ali, Id start training early in the morning. Youre an animal John! Most importantly, all calisthenics movements engage your core in some way, which is one of the most important strengths a boxer can have. Then you will drop it, picking it back, and head the other way. Learn from my mistakes and dont get injured. About two years into boxing, my coach had to take a few months to leave from the sport. In one of his older interviews, Mike Tyson was asked about Frank Brunos physique prior to fighting him. [28] The March 2001 edition of The Ring listed the final round of the HolmesNorton bout as the seventh most exciting round in boxing history and International Boxing Research Organization (IBRO) member Monte D. Cox ranked the bout as the tenth greatest heavyweight fight of all time. Then a quick breakfast, then into the gym for an hour and a half of trainingsparring, bag punching, speed bag, skipping rope.
Borscht Belt Comedians, Debra Villegas Released, Articles K