But it also partly depends on the demand and member preferences of the fans of a particular country. Neokyo is borderless. We suggest you browse through some examples of. Hi so Im a kpop fan and recently I had the idea that maybe I should start selling kpop things on Mercari. But I'm still waiting for my 1st and 2nd batches to arrive so We'll see lol. It is not a full-fledged e-commerce website. Posted as a favor for her aunt, Sys listing was priced at 6.5 million Philippine pesos (roughly $126,805) and came with two photos: one of the front yard of a house, and another with three cards bearing selfies of the NCT sub-unit WayVs members, Hendery and Yangyang. Photo: Courtesy of Brad Chong. Normally, I ship them by stamped mail and choose the "ship on your own" option and put n/a when it asks for the tracking information. If you can sell 200 photocards at $5/ea thats $1,000! by celine - http://y2u.be/0IgdOYXd8zQ intro song: snap shoot by seventeen - http://y2u.be/VqfiJCCbTjY outro song: stray kids two kids song instrumental - https://youtu.be/2vvsEURlnj0#kpop #shoppingvlog #photocards It's much easier to search for them and because there are so many, pcs are super super cheap. . Since live concerts arent happening now, fans instead show their support for their idols by purchasing their merchandise. Photo: Courtesy of Natasha Sy, The photocards on Natasha Sy's listing. I charge them basic shipping and print out my own labels so that way no one can say they never received anything. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Unfortunately, just like everything else in the world, people want things, and how rare it is or how high in demand it is would get people to jack up the price, since there are people willing to pay that price., A photo of some of multi-stan Brad Chongs binders and spreads featuring his bias, NCTs Mark Lee, and BLACKPINKs Jennie. Photo: Courtesy of Grace. Show more Is Mercari Legitimate? Or are you okay with the cheaper Instagram style stamped letter mail (usually tucked inside a letter with something hard or a plastic top loader)? But I guess the way is just looking for people who have done lots of sells and trades before. Mercari charges a flat 10% fee, no matter the price of the item. And if you bundle it will be cheaper than buying them separate. Fans also transact on e-commerce and secondhand marketplaces like Mercari, Bunjang, Carousell, Shopee, eBay, and Xianyu. 33 sold 33 sold 33 sold. Another option depending on your groups is Mercari JP via buyee. To start selling on Mercari, you need to: Sign up for a new account (this link will get you a $10 credit for your first purchase and another $20 credit after you do $100 in sales) List items you want to sell with clear photos and honest descriptions Mercari requires a tracking number regardless of whether you ship on your own or ship by using their labels. As a result, you should be an alert buyer and always read the product sheet and sellers reviews before making a purchase. I guess this has to do with the seller thinking theyll price it low since its older and maybe not many people are looking for it or [the] seller realizing there arent many for sale [and then] putting up the price, he added. Linen Postcard - Ramona,South Cheyenne Canon - Colorado Springs,Colorado M1141. How do I start? This month, VICE is doubling down on all thingsK-popand Korean music, featuring articles and videos on music, fandom, and celebrity. They also have some rare items for good prices often enough so perhaps give them a try! Of course you rack up fees with buyee fees, shipping and potentially customs, so it might not be cheaper in the end unless you split with friends, but it's way more accessible and easy to find what you're looking for. (This is only used when 2-3 cards are sold. sign up using this link and get 2000 yen off your first order through ANY STORE! I bought some sleeves a while back but they have like holographic sort of stars on them and are kind of thin, do you think those would do or should I go out and buy some of those heavy-duty football card sleeves? View community ranking In the Top 5% of largest communities on Reddit. These applications/sites are where buyers who make bulk purchases sell their extras. First, Japanese sellers post ads on websites or on the Mercari app. photocards im selling/trading!! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. You can adjust your preferences at any time. For a limited time, those who ordered Chronograph would only be mailed the photocard and sent a code for the digital album. Gift cards? Its the closest thing you can have when youre pining for famous idols and as fans; we take what we can get, Ailla added. Personally I like to buy, trade and sell on Instagram @kpopgulingen. Collectors acknowledge that ones collecting journey can get pretty overwhelming. For buying these days I mostly use Instagram and Mercari. )- Seller fees. I think the automatic fraud system is in overdrive lately. A standard Kpop album it comes with 1 or more photocards in them depending on the album. Twitter is a popular platform for collectors in Asia, while Instagram is common in the United States and United Kingdom. There are no comments yet. How to buy second hand on Rakuma & Mercari, Search for a Japanese article without speaking the language. You lined up at a booth, and youd get two random photocards. Look at shipping options (or ask them) and see if tracked shipping is available, if so, spend the extra money for tracked shipping. All my items have free shipping. A lot of people sell on there too, but I also use Mercari and ebay for buying and selling. 2007 - 2023 6Theory Media, LLC. allkpop is a registered trademark of 6Theory Media, LLC. Pros of Selling on Mercari Easy to list Mercari is seriously one of the easiest platforms to list on. At its core, photocard collecting as a hobby has always been rooted in community and fan spirit, most felt at on-ground events like concerts and fan meetings. Dont have an account yet? Value-wise, the image on the card also matters a lotselfie cards are all the rage, but more unique cards, like a photo of Red Velvet member Irenes shadow from their ReVe Festival: Day 2 mini-album, or LOONA member Hyunjin holding a hash brown from their 12:00 EP are even more coveted. Obtaining one card led to another, and soon Jae was caught up in K-pop photocard BNS. While the practice is the strongest in Japan and South Korea, Southeast Asian countries like the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand are also strong collector bases, and each country has its own BNS culture. allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience. I got scammed once by someone who had over 9 proofs. Then once the item sells, you ship it to the buyer. However, fake cards are slowly catching up to the quality of official ones and it could be difficult to identify their authenticity, especially during online transactions, she explained. List item and you're done (sale or auction) (Side note, protect yourself with tracked shipping only. :( I just wanted to warn you so it doesn't happen to you too. Theyre always willing to help others with their queries, especially if someones a newbie. 3. Upgrade to Rappler+ for exclusive content and unlimited access. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. She bought it for almost $610. I just recently started to sell some of my photocards on mercari. otherwise i won't be able to mail anything 'cause i won't have the money. Personally, I get the biggest serotonin boost when I finally have the photocards in my hands. you will get $2 credits if you sign up with my code, and as will I. I'm selling some Kpop things, mostly photo cards but also some albums. If you do please let us know! In fact, it markets itself as 'the selling app', recognizing that many of the pain-points for sellers had not been addressed in traditional C2C online marketplaces as they focus on improving the buyers' experience. Here, most sellers are private individuals. Until recently, the world of collecting, and collector lingo like stem cuts (to tell if a card is authentic), binders, and sleeving (for storing cards) were mostly traded among only the more serious merchandise collectors, but recent developments have pushed the hobby to the mainstream. my brother is selling photocards on mercari, mostly NCT 127. On Mercari, you can sell anything from clothing, to toys, electronics, automotive and office supplies, and even musical instruments. animalcrossinglifeee 10 days ago In short, you dont need to worry about international purchases anymore. It also helped her develop a new skill. They need the tracking number on their end to verify that it was delivered to the buyer. Filipino SEVENTEEN and SHINee fan Cessi Treas, 26, recalls how the atmosphere at a K-pop venue in South Korea was always so charged with energy because of their merch culture. Instagram and twitter can also be good options. If it's a rare pc you can use bidding option. He asked to be identified only by his first name to protect his privacy. Jaes drive to collect is a feeling many others have described. When you sell the cards, would you rather send them packed up w/ package shipping? Some of Taylors LOONA photocard binders. I was really worried about this in the beginning, but it's never happened to me. You can also make your purchases on the stores not referred here. We support all major payment methods, including PayPay. If you got new fitness equipment recently and now your old set of dumbbells is collecting dust, you can sell them on Mercari Local and skip the shipping. Neokyo is a trusted shopping proxy that makes buying on Mercari feeling like a breeze. I just grab receipts from other things I send, put in that tracking number and change the last 2 digits. PAPELS. But once you get a hold of your photocard (or as Filipino collectors say, umuwi na siya [theyre finally home]), suddenly, all the stress becomes worth it. I've bought some rare albums and cheap albums from peeps there and have befriended a couple users so it's a nice community :). As I said originally, I'm new to Mercari. Many collectors post photos of their completed card sets on Instagram, or film binder flip-through videos that are uploaded to YouTube.. For more information, please see our Mercari seller fees only take a cut of 10%, when and if you make a sale, meaning there's no risk to list. Does anyone else sell on mercari and if so, do you choose the ship on your own option? You can use a shipping cost estimator available in our help section. Instagram and twitter can also be good options. If you want to get rid of many cards in one go, you can also consider selling them as bundles. Once you select a product, forward a purchase request to Neokyo using our convenient form. Dont start if you dont have a budget or if you cant afford it yet. i recently made the switch to yangdo for buying (after strictly using ebay/ig for a while) and its been going amazing!! ), IG/Twitter:+ Buy through PayPal F&F mostly, so no seller fees+ "Not responsible for lost mail" is usually all it takes to CYA since they don't pay through G&S. Photocards of NCT Dream members. Ang sarap sa feeling makapag-uwi ng prio photocard mo especially kapag nakapag-uwi ka ng photocard na marami kang kaagaw. I understand there's added protection there but their fees kill me since I dont sell huge groups and lately selling has become harder because I have to price so high just to cover fees and their shipping options if you want to be protected as a seller are so expensive. Postcard Katharine Hepburn Sepia Ludlow Sales New York Unposted. OMG - NewJeans. I really tried to fight the urge of being a PC collector for real because I understand how hard (and expensive) it is. Is it allowed to sell gift cards? It's a custom badge, we sadly don't have one right now up in the store Hopefully we will soon though so everyone can have one too! Obviously it depends on the group and idol for prices, but I think prices on Mercari are pretty reasonable. This website saves cookies to your browser in order to improve your online experience and show you personalized content. Heres a closer look at the K-pop photocard phenomenon. Nico, an 18-year-old college student, added that they also decided to collect because of the sparks and kilig they got from the photocards. For older groupseven if the albums are still in printI find they can either be quite cheap or expensive. Would going with a more safe/generic debut hurt or help Nmixxs sales? Easy. (If you're in the U.S., I mean First Class.) Having sleeves to put the cards in is also very useful for shipment. If I were to sell them, what would be the best and quickest way to go about this? Read our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get more information and learn how to set up your preferences. I never knew sorry. I also buy photocards when I go to cup sleeve events too. When asked when they started collecting, many new collectors would point to the COVID-19 pandemic, when people went looking for stuff to do while stuck at home. Please abide by Rappler's commenting guidelines. Photocards belonging to out-of-print albums tend to go higher than photocards for in-print albums. I'm willing to negotiate the prices, as long as you don't lowball me. Theres always a chance of being scammed anywhere - here or Korea but I'm more comfortable losing $4 than I am losing $8-10 if I'm scammed here haha. One of the things I was most interested in selling was photocards (basically theyre just photos) Ive seen a lot of people in the kpop community sell with stamped mail. Mercari seems more reputable than Ebay now, but it still charges you a fee. at kpopmusictownla.com BUYEE: sign up using this link and get 2000 yen off your first order with mercari japan! Its not always fun and rainbows in the K-pop buy-and-sell community. 105. People sell on instagram, twitter, mercari and ebay. Tip 1: Just jump in and try it! sign up using this link and get 2000 yen off your first order through ANY STORE! Why is it important to subscribe? I buy from Mercari, I sell/trade here and also sell on Mercari but havent been getting sales. Archived post. Stray Kids IN Life Soundwave Video Call Photocard Benefit Only selling as a FULL SET* Will be shipped in a plastic sleeve & large top loader taped to thick cardstock Tracked USPS first class shipping shipped in a large bubble mailer *For individual members available please see my other listings Stray Kids SKZ Bang Chan Minho Lee Know Changbin Its gotta have a shippin label Im pretty sure, It has to have a shipping label so they can verify it was delivered through the app to ensure you get your money, I sell with stamped mail when I sell amiibo cards. I think being part of such a vast community and the aspect of owning and working on a collection that would never end is whats really appealing, and to be a part of something so fun and different is what intrigues people, said Chong, who has witnessed this firsthand as a YouTuber and also while working at KPOP Republic, a store in California. Since these cards are meant to be free inclusions, prices are usually dictated by the Korean and Japanese online markets such as Bunjang and Mercari, where the card collecting culture originated. Sometimes you can get really good deals there but a lot of the time stuff is extortionately expensive. Sometime in January, Filipino high school student Natasha Sy, 17, posted a listing to a Philippines-based buy-and-sell (BNS) Facebook group dedicated to one of her favorite K-pop bands. Once you already have a Twitter account or have joined a Facebook group, itd be easier for you to connect with fellow collectors who are also looking for the same items as you are. Privacy Policy. I used to sell skz, seventeen and Ab6ix really well on ebay, though. how to sell photocards on mercari 23 Aug. how to sell photocards on mercari. The pandemic forced many collectors to take the trade online, and international fans followed suit. If you are looking for a specific item to add to your collection, your search takes you here. Worth the effort selling. I would prefer to sell them over throwing them in the trash but at the same time I don't feel like spending a ton of time on it.. For ebay they've semi-recently added a "tracked" stamp option but it can be a bit tricky to actually get it to show up when you're listing. How should I judge them to make sure theyre trustable? IG is great for finding trades. Im usually happy to throw in extras but what in the world. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. 50 Likes, TikTok video from justice (@httpsjoylvr): "instagram on my profile has a link to mercari! All my items have free shipping. should i paint my kitchen cabinets white . How do you sell on Mercari without tracking to get paid OR how do you ship with tracking and not have it cost as much as the photocard youre selling? Photocards will still be there and you can always find one. ), K-pop fans go-to sites are KTown4U, Weverse, and Yes24. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast . You dont need to be a native to buy from Japanese stores. Save on a huge selection of new and used items from fashion to toys, shoes to electronics. PHOTOCARDS ORIGINALES PHOTOCARDS 127 Producto (s) Ordenar productos ITZY - CHECKMATE SOUNDWAVE FANCALL LIMITED PHOTOCARD $9.990 CLP Impuestos Incluidos ITZY - CHECKMATE SOUNDWAVE PHOTOCARD TYPE POLAROID $9.990 CLP Impuestos Incluidos ITZY - CHECKMATE SOUNDWAVE LUCKY DRAW B $9.990 CLP Impuestos Incluidos ITZY - CHECKMATE SOUNDWAVE LUCKY DRAW A and our These are the most expensive Jungkook photocards that sold on eBay in 2021! Some cards from Natasha Sys collection, featuring members of NCT, ENHYPEN, and STAYC. Here's some additional food for thought: mailing supplies/packaging. Here, you can buy second-hand items in great condition from the best sellers in Japan. Pcs selling bussiness nowdays are very intense. For example If you go the eBay route and haven't already had a selling history, be very careful with your listing(s). !, P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7. Here are some terms that youll often see from these shops: It might seem like there are too many things to consider, but once you get the hang of it, your collecting journey will be pretty fun. [Credits: To OG owners of pfp and sig.]. For least amount of effort, I'd go for ebay auctions. ishmellowchu 4 yr. ago Oh really? Her most prized card is a Halloween Jaehyun SSM card, which could only be won by playing the mobile beat game SuperStar SMTOWN. $13. I collect albums but I don't care much for photocards and I have a box in my room with 200+ cards just laying there collecting dust. Jungkook | @bts_bighit/Twitter 1. Since Im new I dont have many trusted buyers. Photo: Gabriela Serrano. The Mercari app makes it extremely easy for users to sell their unwanted goods. Grace, a university student in the U.S., said photocard collecting became an alternative to participating on K-pop stan Twitter. A quick search of common tags like #WTS and #WTB along with a K-pop groups name reveals how they generate plenty of new posts every hour. I'm willing to negotiate the prices, as long as you don't lowball me. A place to ask your K-Pop questions. It at least offers delivery confirmation plus $20 insurance so it helps avoid the issue of a buyer claiming they didn't receive the card. I also use Instagram but searching for specific items on there is so frustrating and time-consuming, especially in this age of a million pre-order benefits which I don't want. I want to save money so I've decided to trade for my bias this time. I mean, were all here for the same reason, which is to support our favorite artists and to fulfill our desire to complete our collection, while escaping reality for a bit with this moment of happiness from getting a new album or pulling a photocard.. hopefully I will be able to buy one soon too!!!. By signing up, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy & to receive electronic communications from Vice Media Group, which may include marketing promotions, advertisements and sponsored content. // lo-fi ver. I have a small collection of duplicate photocards from the last few releases that I was hoping to sell and I thought eBay could be a good place to do it. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. (Regret). Although they mail photocards in hard thin plastic things called top loaders. Or I've had people claim cards are damaged, and I can technically ask for them to be returned but eBay not only makes you pay for a postage label for each individual item (even when it was a bulk order) but also makes these postage labels so insanely expensive that it's not even worth it to get my item returned so I end up just give the buyer a refund and they get to keep the cards. Lists Sandy Lyons June 29th, 2021 eBay prices can be all over the map, but if you're wondering how much your BTS Jungkook photocards are currently worth, this list might help. Thanks to this, you can pay using the payment method of your choice. Its my energy source. Mercari fees are low It's a flat 10% fee on all sales which is great compared to some other platforms that are higher or fluctuating. There, its normal to see fans congregating to trade their cards. I use to use Twitter and Instagram a LOT . By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. You cant even sell on mercari with stamped mail. Mercari also offers access to a larger customer base. Mercari itself is a legit e-commerce marketplace to buy and sell products. physical gift cards no e-codes. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, younha | dbsk | shinee | 4minute | f(x) | dreamcatcher. You can see this if you look at selling sites where people sell photocards, certain members and photocards will be sold for higher prices than others, some even sell fr Continue Reading 2 sunshine Photo courtesy: Jae. You could search specifically for the cards you want with the cards you have. Mercari Japan is the perfect solution for your second hand purchases. She now has over 350 cards in her collection, purchased from sellers around the world. Some, she added, have started releasing very limited cards that go for higher prices on the secondhand market. Ash, a student from Malaysia, said she remains a collector for the overall community. She chose to go by her nickname for privacy purposes. https://bit.ly/2ITkZoq IBENTOY*: click this link and use code \"BCHONG\" for 10% off your first order! Buying, trading and selling photocards is very common so it should not be that hard to find the photocard you want as long it's not very limited. language, region) are saved. Normally, I ship them by stamped mail and choose the "ship on your own" option and put n/a when it asks for the tracking information. And some sellers are of course scammers - there's a ton in my current main fandom - which not only makes buying things anxiety-inducing but also makes establishing yourself as a seller difficult. With that said I've been selling on Mercari for about 6 months now and mostly sold photocards stamped. I'm selling some Kpop things, mostly photo cards but also some albums. no additional cost to you, just helps me out a lil bit :-): * music *: background music: stray kids chill lofi playlist pt. Gusto mong buuin yung isang set. There are certain accounts dedicated to it and it's easy to find sellers. On Twitter and Facebook, there are several Filipino shops that cater to numerous K-pop groups. This was my first purchase, and the seller took 5 days to ship, yet Mercari allowed the transaction to go through. allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites. Aside from the price of the photocards, buyers will also have to pay for international shipping fees, package fees, and the means to store the photocards properly such as toploaders, sleeves,. It's incredibly frustrating that Instagram removed the option to sort tags by most recent though, definitely makes it almost impossible to search for anything. For instagram you can use the #nameofthegroupesales or #nameofthegroupwts ! https://bit.ly/3n0hhIKthank you again buyee for partnering with me . It's quite easy, just create an account then search up whatever group/idol you want (for example, "BTS Jungkook photocard"), and you should find plenty of photocards to choose from. 1932 Radio Station Postcard Waterville Maine W1DBQ Communications Antique Post. Set the starting price at 1 USD/GBP/whatever currency (and don't forget to add shipping!) For fourth generation groups whose albums have multiple photocards, each card may sell for around $4 exclusive of shipping fees, said Taylor, 26, a UK-based accountant with an extensive photocard collection that spans various eras and girl groups. lightweight summer shift dresses; round tablecloth overlays. Although it's not necessarily uncommon to suddenly start selling rare items on Mercari, a history of sales of similar items may indicate that the seller is dealing in genuine products, whilst an absence of a history may . I'd suggest selling them on Twitter using hastags of the group/idol and kpop selling tags or here on r/kpopforsale. So I was wondering what sites people here found to be most efficient for selling and collecting? I haven't been able to find any blogs or anything with advice/how to's so if any one could share some knowledge about getting startedmaybe the do's and don'ts . Recalling a 2019 SEVENTEEN fan meeting in South Korea, she said she stood outside the venue and saw fans exchanging lucky draw photocards, special cards made of PVC that were given out during the event. It is an intermediary that makes placing your purchases feel like a breeze. (Category: collectibles > trading cards > non sport trading card singles, if I'm remembering right.) Trivia : Photocards can be obtained by buying albums or participating in events (POBs, fansigns, pop-up stores etc.). Thank u! They all agree that collecting merch has also become a new way for fans to cope with the pandemic. On TikTok, #photocard already has over a billion views, and has spawned a number of offshootsa scroll-through shows the subcultures that have sprung from the hobby, with collectors decorating toploaders with cute stickers, packaging trades securely and creatively, and unboxing their recent purchases. Another option depending on your groups is Mercari JP via buyee. A university student in Indonesia, Jae initially planned on buying one photocard of NCTs Jaehyun, a popular member whose photocards are often in high demand. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In one of the behind-the-scenes videos for her 2021 mini-album Like Water, Red Velvet member Wendy showed fans how the cards are printed and inserted into albums, even bringing her own selfies to be printed and inserted in limited versions of the album. Similar to how an NBA card collector buys multiple packs of cards hoping to find the one they want, K-pop fans get a thrill from buying multiple copies of the same album for the chance to pull their favorite members photo. Most prices are also extremely good since most people who sell there don't have to worry about any large fees that other websites like ebay/mercari charge so they don't hike their prices to adjust for the fee that those websites charge. Am I dumb yall? I get really happy over those small papers, they said. While overpricing is frowned upon, he says its really down to demand surpassing supply.
Dreamhack Register Epic Games April 2021, Which Protein Powder Has Least Heavy Metals?, Bbc News M60 Accident Yesterday, Jessie Nelson Mythbusters, Articles S