The Wouxun KG-1000G 50 watt mobile GMRS radio costs about $300, and you can find it on the Wouxun Amazon Store here: https://amzn.to/2LimQEV Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS 50 Watt Mobile Radio - Review and Range Distance Test - High Power GMRS Radio Watch on KG-1000G Video Review Be Ready For Our Next Off-Road Event! . The kg 1000 drops the repeater up to eight times within 30 second key up. Might do that linking as a repeater you can do with these. Thank you notarubicon and thank you buytwowayradios.com. The ONLY lil Gripe I have with this unit, is that I wish there was a way too DIM the Display. It is a land-mobile intended for the general population for two-way communication, very similar to FRS and MURS. The angle of the display can be adjusted even when attached to the radio by using the included adapters. We recommend pairing the KG-1000G with a Nagoya NL-770G GMRS Antenna and a Nagoya RB-MJPL Strong Magnetic Mount Base, although there are other antenna options available that will work fine. No import functions. Keep in mind that they likely receive numerous requests to add a lot of products to their list of supported radios in CHIRP. I no longer need to run two gmrs radios. It has 30 GMRS channels, including 8 repeater channels, and can receive on dual UHF and VHF bands. I now run ham and gmrs. How Do The Popular Mobile GMRS Antennas Stack Up Against Each Other? It's flexibility in programming makes it the go to radio over my Midland mobiles. Simply hold the BAND key for a couple of seconds and weather mode is activated, instantly tuning your last weather channel. I'll email Dan once our first shipment arrives and see if anyone has time to work on it. If youre going to buy a 50 watt gmrs mobile radio this is the one to get! Previous Post Next Post . Wouxun Online Service Also bought the Wouxum power supply. Our first shipment is limited in quantity. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. The KG-1000G will transmit at up to 50 watts on high power and 5 watts on low power. (1437.8g), Power Requirement: 13.8VDC+/- 15% (Negative Grounded), Antenna Connector Type: SO-239 (UHF Female). The list is longdon't waste your money on Midlandthey're crap. I has many desireable features, the ability to remote mount the chassis and support several radio bands all for an excellent price. The Wouxun KG-XS20G takes the best features of a full size mobile radio and puts it into a compact package that fits into most any vehicle with ease. This would make the radio even greater. Recommend RTsystems programming software and cable. I've been a GMRS licensee for awhile now and have been a fan of buytwowayradios for a long time. The only reason i didnt give it a 5 star isnt for any poor performance-it is easy to use and easy to program. Will try an external speaker to see if that helps. Hats off!!! $149.89. Get all the latest information on events,sales and offers. Wouxun KG-UV8D Accessories; Baofeng; Icom; Kenwood; Alinco; HF Transceivers . We've discussed developing an interface cable for a controller, but at the moment we're focused on getting the radio out. Wouxun KG-1000G PLUS GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio. And yes, I pre-ordered one already. You won't find this feature on other GMRS type accepted mobile radios. We're taking the next step and applying the principals that led to the KG-805G to a mobile radio. General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) Technical Discussion ; Wouxun KG-1000G tips and tricks thread 3; Wouxun KG-1000G tips and tricks thread. Second purchase. Very Happy and highly recommend both the radio and BTWR. If our orders exceed the number of units that we are expecting in this shipment, we will stop taking orders until the date of our next shipment is more certain. I'm waiting for my base antenna and still reading the manual. However, be prepared to be disappointed in their power output. Ill definitely buying from here again if i ever need a new radio. I have this one for a base station,but see another in my future for a mobile in my truck. Im still learning how to use all the potential of this unit. The customer service at BTWR is the best I've ever dealt with. Having two receivers is handy for scanning channels while monitoring a repeater. When we started the process that led to creating the KG-1000G, our goal was to end up with a GMRS mobile radio that didn't require any compromises. Seller does not answer emails and questions , but the rest of the experience was top notch. And BTWR gets 5 start also for customer service and support!!!! I compare the Radioddity DB20G to the BTech GMRS 50X1 (technically a Baofeng mobile GMRS radio) and the Wouxun KG-1. Retevis RB75 Waterproof GMRS Repeater-Capable Radio 5W Regular . I am able to hit repeaters from a long distance (100 + miles when conditions are right). Easy to program on the fly, good volume, I just wish they had iMac programing. Recommended by notarubicon and I am not disappointed. Regular price $369.99 View. Wouxun KG-1000G Professional Mobile GMRS Radio, Nagoya RB-MJPL Strong Magnetic Mount Base. When using two antennas, the distance between them will depend somewhat on whether the power level of the transmitting unit is set to low, medium or high, and on the tuning of antennas themselves. dealer for all of our brands, including Wouxun, so you can be sure that your products will have their full warranty and not be counterfeit. I mounted the main chassis on the passenger side of the center console and the handset on the opposite side a few inches above knee-level. This radio does everything I expected and more. I also got the programming cable and software and it's very easy. The KG-1000G is a "real" radio, with a superheterodyne receiver, built in the same way as expensive professional radios made by large manufacturers. I saw this reviewed on Notarubicon and fell in love with it. Orders placed before 5 p.m. EST ship same day! This is a great talking radio well worth the money & 50 Watts of power. So far, the quality and design are excellent. Some of these features are: Up to 50 watts of power (FRS limit is 2), removable antenna (FRS must be fixed), Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio. Up to 999 channels are supported. You won't regret buying this radio. It is very well built and high quality. Even on back order we received fast service. ( Makes a great base radio too!). It has many advanced features that would usually appeal more to the avid GMRS operators, such as repeater support and the ability to use PC programming software to customize the channels list. I have had a Wouxun handheld for 1.25 meter band (222-225 mhz) for years and it has been solid. Does the KG-1000G support split CTCSS tones and DCS codes? Get it working with CHIRP and I'll probably buy one! We've never tested it with the KG-1000G, but according to the specs of the antenna it is tuned for 430-465MHz. If you have any questions you'll have outstanding support from the BTWR team. Hopefully this latest one will not give us trouble. the sound quality is great and I was easily hitting repeaters 40 miles away. Regular price $99.99 View. GMRS, or the General Mobile Radio Service band is part of the PRS, or Personal Radio Service bands, as outlined by 47 CFR Part 95E (formerly Part 95A) of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), which regulates and makes rules for the use of all RF (Radio Frequency) radio spectrum in the United States. Yes I am truly a Happy Man. I would, and have, recommend this radio to anyone looking for a mobile GMRS radio. Finally, a huge shout out to BTWRs customer service! For your convenience, an optional USB programming cable (Model PCO-003) is available to program the Wouxun KG-1000G from a computer. $289.00. All in in, if this radio is a good as it seems to be. There's more reasons to add this to your cart. Great unit. I purchased this radio to put in my car. Click here for full details, or to place an order. SWR with the Wouxon GMRS antenna is 1.3 out of the box. Good quality construction, functions well and has a strong power output. I received the radio quicker than I expected, I had it installed within a week, and it exceeds my expectations. Regular price $44.99 View. Just remember to order the programming cable when you order the radio. WRPZ907 Of Orangeburg South Carolina, Bought 2 for a repeater. This article titled Choosing the right size power supply for your radio explains how to calculate total amps based on these factors. Car Mobile Radio : KG-V55: Smart System Radio : KG-T56: Two Way Radio Accessory : KG-UV9D Mate: . I'd buy it again and from Two Wat Radio's .com. Their customer satisfaction is of high priority and the technical support available is unbelievable. If it turns out that people like the repeater mode function and are using it frequently we will certainly need to come up with something. Sign up for our newsletter today! Those channels can only be programmed to transmit on GMRS frequencies (excluding low power FRS channels), as they should be. Wouxun manufactures solid, reliable portable handheld and mobile two way radios with great range and powerful features. Had some questions before I purchased and the customer service team was a huge help. The sound from the speaker on the radio mounted on the inside firewall is excellent! One popular option is the Nagoya NL-770G antenna and Nagoya RB-MJPL Strong Mobile Mag Mount Base with RG-58 cable. Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio 1 review $369.99 4 interest-free installments or from $33.39/mo with View sample plans Quantity Add to Cart REPEATER-CAPABLE MOBILE GMRS RADIO! EASY TO PROGRAM DISPLAY IS BRIGHT AND VISIBLE . This is an outstanding radio and a super value. Radios. I bought this for a mobile, but thinking of using it for a base station,.either way it is a great radio. Hi Doug, although the KG-1000G does have the capability to send a radio ID on transmit, it is a numeric radio ID only. We stock these radio in our on-site warehouse, so if we tell you something will ship then you can believe us. TOM47 and bobthetj03. I am used to working with commercial Kenwood units used on trunking systems. If you find a frequency that you want to save for later, a channel can be added and named directly through the menu. The only disappointment is, no repeaters in my area. Wouxun is not fooling around when it comes to GMRS. I really love the quality and feel this unit has. Programming door broke off as received. For example, if the user were to enter a frequency using VFO that is not exactly a FCC GMRS frequency, will the radio prevent transmission on that frequency? Lots of reasons! I love the features of this radio. Share . RX is excellent on this radio. The Wouxun XS20G Plus is rated IP65 for dust ingress and water resistance and the hand microphone is rated IP55, which makes this a great GMRS radio to take on off-road adventures! Yes. Other radios may require weather channels be added as just another channel in the channel list. fm. BTWR had a replacement display in my hands three days later. The ugly: Its constantly on backorder and in high demand!! Often radios are built using "radio-on-a-chip" technology that makes them inexpensive to produce, but often inferior in sound quality and receive sensitivity. Easy to set up and easy to use. Regular price $369.99 View. x 8.14 in. The relocatable front display fits perfectly below our mapping tablet on a swivel base so either the driver or navigator can access the controls and see the display clearly. It is a little pricey but well worth it. Replace KG-XS20G with your call sign and then click on WRITE (to radio). YeeHaaw! That said, I was, as the thread title implies, able to communicate using my KG- 935G HT, both factory Wouxun antenna and the Nagoya 771G (and where there was no discernable difference between the two after several conversations) using the Santa Monica Mountains' Saddle Peak GMRS repeater with my friend in Calabassas/Woodland Hills and his KG . Will BTW be offering free firmware updates when the invariable bugs are discovered during the initial release of the product? Puts out a steady 47 watts which is great for a radio rated at 50 watts. In the meantime, the Wouxun KG1000G programming software is quite capable and very simple to use. The only minor improvements that I would like to see made are as follows: No issues at all with buy two way radios. The 4-star rating is due to two things: (1) the speakers are quieter than Id like even with all three turned all the way up. It has TX and RX LED indicators and a volume knob for independent control of the audio on . The TX frequencies and the maximum power, for example, are enforced in all radio modes regardless of how the frequency was programmed (software, VFO mode, etc). Handheld Wouxun KG805-G and Base Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS (50watt) Handheld BTECH GMRS V1 and Base BTech GMRS 50X1 (50 watt) Base Midland MXT400 (40 watt) and Midland XTalker Handhelds Thank you I am going to limit my answer to the choices you gave me. Wouxun Handheld Radios Powerwerx features Wouxun dual-band handheld radios which are ideal for many commercial applications like search & rescue, fire, police, EMS, schools and security. These radios are highly recommeded for GMRS users. It should be for it price, but it doesnt disappoint. It was everything they advertised. I love this radio and I will get more. Not exactly what it is advertised as, but plenty for my usage. Ham Radio 2.0 on youtube should be doing a review on this soon. If repeater access is not required or desired from you HT's you can go Midland route. Default (Default) core_theme_set_title_3 . Feature set is robust with programmable settings and options available via the mic and front panel keys. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION . Repeaters Repeaters; All; This radio work great I talk to lots of people on it.Buytworadios.com has great customer service. I found Mark at BetterSafeRadio and am happy to provide my endorsement here. It monitors two gmrs frequencies at once. There is nothing else currently on the market in this league. You can assign a different tone to receive and transmit, commonly referred to as "split tones". The KG-1000G is of superheterodyne construction and 50 watts. Thank you John from support for helping me with the software programming. Can you customize the alpha numeric display with your own names for GMRS repeaters? Thats still a solid amount of power, but 72-80% of advertised output was disappointing. I cannot say what the best mobile antenna is for you. Michael WRHS965 KE8PLM Edited: Corrected Model Number Quote pcradio Members 124 Posted August 30, 2021 Looks good. Archshell Rechargeable Radio - Best Budget GMRS Radio. While this radio is compatible with other FRS/GMRS radios, this is not a consumer grade radio. In getting the radio ready to ship back I discovered my mistaken connections and when I fixed that the radio worked great. These antennas and accessories are designed to give optimal performance for your two-way radio system, whether used in a mobile, base, or repeater configuration. Check items to add to the cart orselect all, Authentic Nagoya RB-MJPL Strong Mobile Mag Mount Base (UHF Female), Wouxun Mobile Radio USB Programming Cable (PCO-003), Authentic Nagoya NL-770G High Gain Mobile GMRS Antenna (UHF Male), Address:528 S. Cherry Rd.Rock Hill, SC 29732, Sales and Support Hours:Mon - Fri / 8:00AM - 6:00PM. Works really well. The radio works great but more importantly I was very impressed by the customer service before and after the purchase. BTECH GMRS-20V2 20W Waterproof GMRS Radio. However, the book was very clearly laid out and walked me programming the repeaters in my area by using the mic. Program software downloaded from from Buy Two Way Radios worked great. When I went to order it I saw that it was out of stock and when I called (Buy two way radios). Wouxun two way radios are very popular among amateur, GMRS, MURS and FRS users for their quality, durability and high performance at very reasonable prices. A lot of what you decide should be based on how you plan to use the radio. The flexibility of the KG-1000G display doesn't end there. I was turned onto this radio after seeing the other reviews on it. The three programmable buttons are very convenient and easily accessed. The angled display mount worked perfectly for my selected location. Havent installed radio yet but it has all kind of features. If and when CHIRP supports the KG-1000G, it may not provide that option. The faceplate extension cord is approximately 15 feet in length. Midland-MXT105 - Best Functions Control. Aside from that (a big deficit for my intended purpose) it is a great radio with lots of features. Next test 5 miles to the airport worked fine. I programmed the radio with RTS software. Ham Radio 2.0 145K subscribers Subscribe 55K views 1 year ago #kc5hwb #Hamradio #hamharder Today we get to look at a brand new Mobile. Introducing the Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio! Get your ham license, buy a Yasue FTM-350 or FTM-400XDR for a hundred more and get it MARS/CAP moded and you will have a 2m+GMRS frequencies in one radio. 60K views 9 months ago #Midland #BTech #Wouxun I compare all 50-Watt wideband mobile GMRS radios on the market as of April 2022. Before GMRS, people would use instead a similar service, called Class A Citizens Radio Service, starting from the 60's up until the late 80's. I love my KG 1000G, it's a great radio.. It has weather radio, am, fm, and scan several bands for listening virtually functioning as a scanner. I have 2 license one for Ham extra and the other for gmrs. I love this radio. Easy to set up and program! Many repeaters are using this configuration today. I recently purchased a Wouxun KG-805G HT, which is Part 95 type accepted for GMRS. This radio has impressive capabilities and features. Great radio and thanks to the return folks at support for being quick to respond. I have 2 bones to pick with it though, and this is why only 4 stars. If it werent for him, Im afraid my lack of writing skills would have probably short circuited the car from the skimpy diagram and lack of instructions. This radio like all other Wouxuns actually puts out almost exactly what they claim. Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio. I purchased this radio to add to my FJ. I will be purchasing 2 more in the future for my vehicles and to set up a repeater at home. so amateurs dont blow up the radio. Lets me listen and talk on a repeater 16 miles away on one side while still listening ( no transmit) to several local Ham repeaters. The process was quite easy. A current dilema with GMRS users seems to be, "Do I select a lower powered radio that is smaller and easier to install in a vehicle, or a full size high powered radio that's more difficult to mount?" Regular price $389.99 View. You can even do it directly through the radio without using programming software.
What Terminal Is Frontier Airlines At Atlanta Airport, Kilpatrick Funeral Home Obits West Monroe, La, Sims 4 Worlds With 64x64 Lots, Articles W